We’re known for our exceptional service of Falls Lake in Raleigh. We take pride in sharing our watercrafts with everyone in the Triangle and hearing their fun stories!
Certainly, Falls Lake is a popular go-to spot for our locals, but did you know we also service other lakes in the area? That’s right! With a reservation and proper planning, we’re happy to deliver one of our beautiful vessels to another location. Just be aware, there is a $200 delivery fee to locations outside of Falls Lake.
We are proud to service the following lakes around the Triangle, and here are some highlights of each location!
- Jordan Lake. For water lovers close to Apex, Jordan Lake has much to offer! This 14,000-acre reservoir boasts more than 1,000 campsites, seven swimming beaches, and a handful of boating ramps. This is a nice place to spend the day on a boat watching for bald eagles, osprey, and other wildlife scattered around.
- Kerr Lake. Located near Henderson, this lake hosts many events that are great to build relationships with the community. Whether you’re interested in a BBQ chicken dinner or live music, there’s something to enjoy at Kerr Lake! Plenty of boating ramps, beaches, and fishing areas of course.
- Harris Lake. Ideal for our residents in Holly Springs and Fuquay-Varina, this lake in New Hill is bustling with activity. There are play areas with volleyball courts and playgrounds, mountain biking trails, and even a disc golf course! It’s also a perfect location to take one of our fishing boats to spend the day reeling in the fish.
If Falls Lake is out of the way or you’re simply just eager to explore other areas, don’t hesitate to give us a call at Motor Boatin’ to learn more about your boat rental options and our services. We are happy to help create memories that will last a lifetime!
Summertime is quickly approaching in the Triangle, which means Raleigh citizens are preparing for many days in the sun and on the water. One of the most frequent questions we are asked at Motor Boatin‘ is ‘what lakes are near Raleigh and what are the advantages of each one?’
There are so many lakes in Wake County and Durham county. So, we decided to give a quick breakdown of our favorite spots and highlight a few perks for each location.
4 of our top lake spots surrounding Raleigh are:
- Falls Lake: Falls Lake is definitely our favorite spot in the Triangle, Falls Lake is a popular spot for our Raleigh natives who love to be outdoors. There are numerous spots to enjoy, such as Sandling Beach off Creedmoor Road in Wake Forest, as well as Beaverdam and Rolling View access areas where there are plenty of trails for hiking and mountain biking. We service Falls Lake, so take advantage of our boat rentals, including jet skis, fishing boats, and pontoon boats, to enjoy the water this summer!
- Lake Johnson: Lake Johnson is located on Avent Ferry Road close to NC State’s campus. This park has a lot to offer with over 300 acres and 3 miles of paved greenway trails. They have canoes, kayaks, and paddleboats available for rent, and there is fishing permitted on the boardwalk or on the boats in the lake.
- Shelley Lake Park: This 144-acre park off West Millbrook Road has 2 miles of paved, scenic greenway trails that surround the entire lake. They also house the Sertoma Arts Center where classes are offered for painting, pottery, and more! Great place for a day trip with the family, since they also have two playgrounds and a basketball court.
- Jordan Lake Recreation Area: Just outside of Raleigh in Apex, this park is perfect for hiking with over 14 miles of trails and even sighting a bald eagle! They also have lots of camp sites lining the shores that are perfect for a weekend getaway. Plenty of open water for boating and fishing too!
While Motor Boatin’ is located on Falls Lake in Raleigh, we can service all of the local lakes. That means you can pick up a boat or jet ski for the day or we can deliver them to you. We’re excited for the warmer months and all the activities that come with them! The fishing spots are lively, and the water is just right for a day of boating. Contact us at Motor Boatin‘ to see all the options we have for rentals this summer!
The Triangle area is radiant with fall colors right now! Our beautiful oak trees offer rich tones in contrast to the evergreen pines that surround them, and it would be a shame to miss them this year! Wouldn’t it be nice to spend an afternoon strolling through the leaves, taking in the crisp air? Don’t miss out on the beautiful vistas that surround us this year!
Head to Falls Lake and take in all it has to offer while enjoying the following activities:
- This is probably the easiest way to get out and see the colors. Pack up a nice, hearty lunch and throw on your hiking boots before heading out to the various trails around the lake. Interested in a group event that will be fun and educational? On Sunday, November 27th at 2:00 p.m. there will be an Animal Camouflage Hike near the Rollingview area of Falls Lake. Take the kids out and learn about how animals have adapted over time to blend into their surroundings!
- Before it gets too cold you should definitely squeeze in a little bit more boat time. Our friendly staff at Motor Boatin’ can help you choose the perfect pontoon boat so you can enjoy a nice meal on the lake completely surrounded by the gorgeous orange and red leaves! For those who are willing to brave the colder waters, jet skis are still available!
- Anglers of the area know that the fish don’t disappear simply because the water is cooler! However, take advantage of this time before it’s too cold to stand outside for long! There are many piers and fishing spots around Falls Lake that are flanked by the beautiful colors that this season has to offer us.
It may be tempting to stay indoors and start hibernating for the upcoming winter months, but don’t let these gorgeous sights go unseen! If you’re interested in one more boating excursion, give us a call at Motor Boatin’ to hear your options!