Falls Lake is one of the most popular lakes in the Raleigh area and it’s our personal favorite as well. We love it so much that we have based our recreational boat rental business on this lake!
Here are a few reason boaters love Falls Lake:
- So much space to explore: Falls Lake is pretty big. It stretches out through 12,000 acres, providing lots of space to take a boat out. There are wider areas to really let loose and smaller areas for more quiet relaxation. We find that whatever kind of boating experience we want, Falls Lake has a spot for it.
- Close to home but still a getaway: The lake is pretty central to Raleigh and Durham, but it’s still a little bit out of the way. The short drive coupled with the undeveloped surroundings makes it feel like you’re really away while still being close to home.
- Activities: There are many activities beyond boating available at Falls Lake. You can camp and make a whole weekend out of boating, enjoying beaches, hiking trails, mountain biking, fishing and more.
- Year-round appeal: Because it’s undeveloped, you get to really enjoy nature’s beauty at this lake. The lushness of summer, the colors of fall, the quiet stillness of winter and the burst of new growth in the spring are all on full display at Falls Lake.
To us, the best way to enjoy Falls Lake is by boat, which is why we’re in the business that we are in. Rent a boat and spend some time on Falls Lake. Check out the boats and jet skis available to rent or contact us with any questions. Don’t forget to take advantage of the special we are running for the month of February – purchase a rental and get free rental insurance and a towable tube.
It seems the heat of summer has finally left the Triangle and our locals couldn’t be more excited! We have fabulous fall seasons here in North Carolina, and the beautiful vistas of Falls Lake are some of the best in Raleigh!
Before the chill of winter sneaks in, our Triangle residents should consider having a weekend getaway at one of the spacious campsites along Falls Lake. There are plenty of activities to enjoy, even if the water is a bit cooler.
4 fun activities that our lake lovers suggest to squeeze in during your next weekend at Falls Lake are:
- Go Camping. First and foremost, pack up the bags and grab some food to enjoy the weather and camp out next to the water! There are more than 300 campsites along the access areas of the Falls Lake recreational areas. Do a bit of research on which access areas are better for certain activities. Some are reserved for non-gasoline powered boats, while others have better access to different hiking trails.
- Go Fishing. Give us a call to reserve a spacious yet sleek fishing boat to enjoy a lazy afternoon on the water. The fish are always biting and local anglers have lots of stories to tell about their favorite catch.
- Grill a Nice Meal. Before the sweet summer corn is out of season, grab a few ears and bring the hot dogs and burgers to enjoy a filling and delicious meal while surrounded by the autumn leaves. There are a number of grills and pits available at Falls Lake, so no need to bring your own.
- Boating on the Water. Of course renting a pontoon boat or a jet ski are still viable options to enjoy Falls Lake. We have plenty of styles and sizes to suit each individual or group need, so feel free to inquire about what’s available.
Autumn is a lovely affair at Falls Lake, and our locals should not miss out on the promise of spectacular vistas that are to come. Contact us at Motor Boatin’ to get more ideas to plan your weekend at Falls Lake!