Cruising through serene waters is an experience like no other, but many boaters ask, “Is it smarter financially to own a boat or continue to rent?” At Motor Boatin’, we believe that renting is more practical financially than owning a boat, and we pride ourselves in providing affordable rentals for all to get out on the water.
Here are five reasons why we believe that renting is more practical financially than owning:
- Boats carry a hefty price tag: Purchasing a boat is a huge investment. In addition, like cars, boats depreciate value over time which is also something to consider. With affordable renting options like Motor Boatin’, it is a better idea to rent when wanting to get out on the water rather than paying that large price tag.
- Renting lets you choose different types of boats: When purchasing a boat, an individual is stuck with only one kind of boat. However, there are tons of boats out there like fishing or pontoon boats that all serve different purposes. Renting allows boaters to pick what type of watercraft will be suitable for them for that day, leading them to new kinds of experiences.
- Boats require regular maintenance: In addition to the upfront cost of buying a boat, individuals must also pay for maintenance and repairs. This can add up quickly, and it also takes time out of the owner’s day to do the required work or find someone to do it for them.
- It removes stress off the boater: Owning a boat can become very stressful. Some boat owners must worry about where they will keep their boat, what. By renting, individuals can just arrive at the lake, hop on the boat, and start cruising.
- Motor Boatin’ can provide assistance: When renting, Motor Boatin’ is able to help all our boaters while out on the water. If they were riding a boat of their own, they wouldn’t be able to have assistance. We can provide our knowledge on topics such as safety procedures and how to properly operate the boat.
Boaters don’t need their own boat to be able to enjoy the lake life! If you are considering renting from us, reserve your boat today. Contact us with any questions you may have.
When renting a boat in Raleigh, many Raleigh families are nervous about what has happened to the boat before they rented it. Because of this concern, many families ask how we maintain our boats before they determine if they will rent a boat on Falls Lake.
At Motor Boatin’ we offer a variety of rental boats for our customers and we make sure that our rentals are maintained and cared for. Take a moment and learn just a few of the high level ways that we are maintaining our boats.
3 crucial aspects of boat maintenance that we handle regularly on the Motor Boatin’ boats for rent are:
- Cleaning the Exterior: Cleaning the boat’s exterior regularly keeps the boat shiny and good as new. We use long-handled, soft-bristled boat brushes and high-quality wash to keep the boats clean and pristine.
- Oil Changing: Just like an automobile, boats need to have an oil change. An oil change can vary by model but the Motor Boatin’ staff believes that a boat should have an oil checkup every 100 hour of operation to keep boat rentals running smooth.
- Cleaning the Propeller: The propeller works like a fan, the tool transfers power by converting rotational motion into momentum. Just like a regular fan, the propeller needs to be cleaned for the boat to work properly. If customers are renting an outboard or stern drive boat, our staff checks the propeller before take-off. Deep well sockets are used to remove the propeller several times to make sure no debris has been trapped in the propeller shaft.
Did this information bring up more specific questions? Our team at Motor Boatin’ loves to answer questions and concerns! We are proud to remove the hassle of boat maintenance for our customers with our high-quality, fully inspected boats for rent. Contact us and rent a boat with us today!