Riding on a Jet Ski can be one of the most exhilarating things to do on the water, but it can be dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing. The good news is that most Jet Ski accidents can be avoided when you follow a few simple safety guidelines.
Here are some things to consider before you head out to the lake with your family to Jet Ski:
- Everyone should have a life jacket: Regardless of age or swimming ability, everyone is safer with a life jacket if it fits properly. Double check the fit of life jackets intended for children.
- Consider wearing a helmet: A helmet specially designed for use on the water provides the best protection if you get ejected from your Jet Ski or if there is flying debris from a boat or some other source while you’re on the water. In some states, children are required to wear helmets.
- Watch your speed: Make sure you keep proper distance between your Jet Ski and other watercraft in the area. Remember that you need room to stop if it becomes necessary. Use common sense and obey any speed guidelines for the area you are in.
- Stay sober: Alcohol reduces your coordination, reaction time and can impair your judgement. Don’t drink if you are going to be on a Jet Ski.
Taking proper care of your Jet Skis is another important component to staying safe on the water, but if you rent your Jet Ski from us here at Motor Boatin LLC, you can rest assured that we have taken care of that for you.
Our local Falls Lake community is actively enjoying the sweltering summer months in the Triangle by spending time on the water! There are plenty of things to do, such as fishing, swimming, or relaxing on a nice pontoon boat. Our resident thrill-seekers are also zooming around on the awesome jet skis we have available for rent at Motor Boatin’!
So many of our Raleigh customers choose to rent from us instead of buying a jet ski. There are several advantages to renting a jet ski, whether for a couple of hours or a whole weekend, and many Triangle residents prefer to rent them as needed.
3 reasons our customers choose to rent a jet ski instead of buying one are:
- Buying a jet ski may seem like a cost-efficient decision, but considering they can range from $5,000-$18,000 they’re a rather expensive purchase. Not necessarily the best investment especially if the jet ski is only used sparingly. Renting a jet ski comes with the benefit of affordable prices based on the duration of the rental period. Whether it’s for a few hours or an entire weekend, renting is an affordable option for those who are unable to purchase a new or used one.
- No Upkeep. Renting a jet ski is a great option for people who don’t have the space to store the watercraft during off-seasons. It’s also beneficial for those who don’t have the desire to maintain the general upkeep of the watercraft, including cleaning, gassing, ensuring safety protocols, etc. Simply rent the jet ski and return it when done with no headaches!
- Time to Practice. Buying a jet ski is a big investment for people who may not be experienced with the activity. Luckily, when renting a jet ski users can get quick guides and tutorials, play around and get comfortable, and if it’s not a great fit there’s no financial commitment to a jet ski that will ultimately go unused.
Whether you’re a watercraft expert or a complete beginner, the best way to get out on the water is by renting a jet ski from Motor Boatin’! Contact us today and let us equip you to enjoy all that Falls Lake has to offer this summer!
Jet skis are easily the fastest and most thrilling personal water craft (PWC) available. Essentially, they’re like motorbikes that ride on open water. However, a PWC doesn’t operate in the same way as a boat, with an outboard motor and propeller; nor is it like an actual motorbike with a gasoline engine moving the back wheel.
In fact, a jet ski powers through the water by shooting a forceful jet stream of water behind it and the force of the water squirting backwards pushes it forward. The key here is Newton’s third law of motion – every action has an equal and opposite reaction. So how exactly does all of this work internally?
Our boating experts here at Motor Boatin offer the mechanics behind how a jet ski works to provide riders with the thrill they crave:
- Powering Water Intake. When riders first turn the key, a standard 1500cc gasoline engine engages (the engine is about the same size that would be found in a small car or large motorbike). This power causes large amounts of water to be sucked in through an intake grate located on the bottom of the jet ski.
- Powering the Impeller. In cars and motorbikes, the engine drives the wheels in order to provoke motion. However, the jet ski’s engine powers an impeller, which is kind of like a propeller that’s fitted inside a pipe. The impeller is made of three stainless steel blades, about five inches in diameter. The water is sucked in through one end of the pipe and then expelled through the other end in a high-speed jet stream.
- Steering and Water Speed. The water exits through a steerable nozzle located in the back of the jet ski. It’s smaller in size than the water intake grate, so the force of the water being pushed out helps to build up speed for the jet stream. Steering is similar to a motorbike, or simply turning handlebars one way or another. The handlebars pull a cable that turns the water jet in the steering direction, thus enabling riders to maneuver with ease. It’s important to note that since the speed of the water jet powers the jet ski, they are more effective at high speeds and are more difficult to ride at low speeds.
This is the science behind how jet skis work internally to give Falls Lake jet ski riders an exciting time on the water. If you’re interested in renting a jet ski, pontoon boat, or fishing boat, give us a call at Motor Boatin today!
When living and boating in the Raleigh area, there are many choices of where to rent a jet ski. These options include Jordan Lake, Falls Lake, or heading to the beach. But, no matter where a jet ski can be rented, how can you tell it is a good company to rent from?
Upon first talking to a company, there are questions to ask about their company and products. Motor-Boatin regularly receives phone calls about our jet skis and pontoon boats and we are happy to answer any questions! But, also inspect the jet skis upon arrival at their site. If it seems a little fishy, then they aren’t the right company to rent from.
4 questions everyone should ask before choosing to jet ski from a jet ski and boat rental company are:
- What Insurance Coverage is Included? Motor-Boatin can only rent to individuals over the age of 26 because we offer full liability insurance when renting a boat or jet ski at Falls Lake.
- How Old Are the Jet Skis? Rust and corrosion on jet skis are a sign that they are older and less reliable. All jet skis should look new or remain in excellent condition; if they look older or warn down, this is not a great rental.
- Has the Jet Ski Been Maintained? Make sure there are no water leaks or loose wires first and foremost. Be sure the head isn’t burnt out of the jet ski. Then, discuss with the owner pump and impeller blades as well as make ask about damage to the hull of the jet ski.
- How to Operate the Jet Ski? A jet ski rental company should teach on how to use their specific jet skis including starting and stopping the vehicle and what to do in case of an emergency.
Seen something that made you nervous before renting a jet ski in Raleigh? Motor-Boatin, which rents jet skis and boats on Falls Lake, offer great insurance, equipment, and customer service. Give us a call today at 919-800-9716 to set up a jet ski rental on Falls Lake.
Summertime in Raleigh is hot! With temperatures in the mid to upper 90s, everyone is looking for a way to cool off. Spending a day with a set of rented jet skis is a great way to cool off in Raleigh! However, many people won’t rent jet skis or boats during the summer because they think they have to go to Jordan Lake and it is too crowded.
Great news! Motor-Boatin on Falls Lake offers jet ski rentals and pontoon rentals for Falls Lake. Falls Lake is much less populated than Jordan Lake and allows for a relaxing weekend to beat the Raleigh summer heat!
3 things to know before renting jet skis or pontoon boat at Motor Boatin on Falls Lake is:
- Many Renting Opportunities. It can get very hot very quickly and it may be too warm to spend the entire day on Falls Lake. No need to worry, we rent for half days, full days, or multiple days at a time.
- We Focus on Safety. We rent Yahama’s Waverunner’s jet skis which are some of the safest jet skis on the market. It is very important to us at Motor-Boatin to protect our patrons but also the general public who will be spending time at Falls Lake.
- Delivery Options. If a group of friends are heading to Jordan Lake or Harris Lake, but there are no jet skis left to rent, call us! We allow renters to take our Jet Skis from Falls Lake to any lake in North Carolina.
Does a Saturday with jet skis or pontoon boat on the lake sound great? Contact Motor-Boatin today to reserve a jet ski or set of jet skis for this weekend before it is too late.