Cruising through serene waters is an experience like no other, but many boaters ask, “Is it smarter financially to own a boat or continue to rent?” At Motor Boatin’, we believe that renting is more practical financially than owning a boat, and we pride ourselves in providing affordable rentals for all to get out on the water.
Here are five reasons why we believe that renting is more practical financially than owning:
- Boats carry a hefty price tag: Purchasing a boat is a huge investment. In addition, like cars, boats depreciate value over time which is also something to consider. With affordable renting options like Motor Boatin’, it is a better idea to rent when wanting to get out on the water rather than paying that large price tag.
- Renting lets you choose different types of boats: When purchasing a boat, an individual is stuck with only one kind of boat. However, there are tons of boats out there like fishing or pontoon boats that all serve different purposes. Renting allows boaters to pick what type of watercraft will be suitable for them for that day, leading them to new kinds of experiences.
- Boats require regular maintenance: In addition to the upfront cost of buying a boat, individuals must also pay for maintenance and repairs. This can add up quickly, and it also takes time out of the owner’s day to do the required work or find someone to do it for them.
- It removes stress off the boater: Owning a boat can become very stressful. Some boat owners must worry about where they will keep their boat, what. By renting, individuals can just arrive at the lake, hop on the boat, and start cruising.
- Motor Boatin’ can provide assistance: When renting, Motor Boatin’ is able to help all our boaters while out on the water. If they were riding a boat of their own, they wouldn’t be able to have assistance. We can provide our knowledge on topics such as safety procedures and how to properly operate the boat.