Falls Lake is well-known for its large-mouth bass during fishing seasons, and the Raleigh anglers are always eager to get out and cast their lines. At Motor Boatin’ we commonly see individuals renting a fishing boat to go out and enjoy the waters and the fish.
Since they spend so much time on the lake, they know a few tips and tricks to navigate the waters and catch the best bass. So, we thought it would be great to let them share what they know!
5 tips to catch the best large-mouth bass this summer at Falls Lake are:
- Use Old Worms. Bass are the type to go for wounded prey, so a plastic worm that’s a bit worn and shredded is perfect for luring them in. No old lures? Simply take a new one and shred it to make it more appealing.
- Use Sharp Hooks. Some anglers like to keep their hooks super sharp when bass fishing since they tend to have stronger jaws than other smaller fish. It is easy for them to thrash around and remove a dull hook that’s loosely attached.
- Face the Wind. Bass swim with the current, so take note of which direction the wind is blowing from and cast into it. While the bass swim with the wind, they’ll be less spooked by the boat since they’ll come across the bait first.
- Check the Falls Lake Fishing Report. There are many websites that provide detailed fishing reports including comments from recent visitors. Browse for reports of Falls Lake before heading out to be sure of prime feeding times and other important details noted by residents.
- Keep Trying. When all else fails and the lines aren’t pulling, just keep trying. Bass can be hard to lure, but they aren’t impossible to catch. There’s plenty of space at Falls Lake to roam around and there’s sure to be a sweet spot!
Fishing is a favored pastime among our Triangle water enthusiasts and we can’t blame them! Feel free to contact us today at Motor Boatin’ to see about renting a fishing boat and get more inside tips for the best fishing spots near Raleigh.
Living the lake life means doing activities by and on the lake that make us happy. Whether it means enjoying time on the water with a fishing rod or renting a boat for a sunset cruise, spending time at Falls Lake is for everyone. Motor Boatin’ has fishing boat rentals and pontoon boat rentals for those looking for a fun lake activity.
5 steps to living the lake life are:
- Bring a positive attitude: Staying positive can help family and friends to also have a good time. There is a difference between planning out a day and stressing everyone out about the plan. Going along with what the day brings will result in a positive lake experience.
- Love nature: Enjoy the sunshine and fresh air while at Falls Lake. While boating around, feel the wind and the sun’s warmth. When spending time at the lake, relax and get rid of stress by being with nature. Wear the right safety gear and sun protection and the day at the lake will go well.
- Try lake activities: Make memories by renting a boat, planning a picnic, or fishing. There are plenty of activities at Falls Lake. Renting a fishing boat or having lunch/dinner on a pontoon boat are some of Motor Boatin’s favorite activities. If time runs out, come back and try out a different lake activity another day.
- Spend time with loved ones: Most of us do not get as much time to spend time with family and friends. Planning a day on the lake can help bring everyone together for a day full of fun and catching up.
- Slow down and enjoy the day: The work week is fast paced. Remember to slow down and take in the fresh air. Taking time to relax will help one feel better to take on the following day’s schedule. Feeling relaxed while also feeling adventurous is a great combination for a memorable lake experience.
Motor Boatin’ serves Falls Lake residents and visitors by providing various boat rentals: fishing and pontoon. Plan for some time on the lake and contact Motor Boatin’ for more boat rental information.