August is like the Sunday of summer –the summer season will be ending soon, but there is still time to do the summer activities! Luckily in Raleigh, there are plenty of things to do with friends and family.
As the Raleigh outdoor experts at Motor Boatin’, our team has developed a few favorite spots to spend the last few weeks of summer enjoying. Whether it’s taking hikes or spending time near the water, there is something for everyone!
4 great outdoor areas that everyone needs to check out before summer ends are:
- Falls Lake State Park. The perfect place to cool off on a hot August afternoon. With five swim beaches and 13 miles of trails, there is a lot to do! Rent a boat for the day and spend time on the water with friends and family for an unforgettable experience.
- American Tobacco Trail. When walking on this 22-plus mile trail, you will see bikers, runners, walkers, and even horses. It spans through several different counties, and the countless amount of trees along the trail offer plenty of shade.
- Eno River State Park. Set up camp next to the Eno River or explore what the park has to offer. Within the park are historic home sites, old forests, river bluffs, and of course, the river itself.
- Neuse River Greenway Trail. Perfect for a bike ride or a walk, this scenic trail offers 27.5 miles to be explored. Travel through wetlands, fields, and woods. Make sure to look out for some critters along the way!
The Raleigh area offers so many different things to do this summer. If you need help planning a day out at Fall Lake or another nearby lake, we would love to help! Grab some buddies and go fishing, or take a hike through the many different trails. Don’t forget the sunscreen!
Our local Falls Lake community is actively enjoying the sweltering summer months in the Triangle by spending time on the water! There are plenty of things to do, such as fishing, swimming, or relaxing on a nice pontoon boat. Our resident thrill-seekers are also zooming around on the awesome jet skis we have available for rent at Motor Boatin’!
So many of our Raleigh customers choose to rent from us instead of buying a jet ski. There are several advantages to renting a jet ski, whether for a couple of hours or a whole weekend, and many Triangle residents prefer to rent them as needed.
3 reasons our customers choose to rent a jet ski instead of buying one are:
- Buying a jet ski may seem like a cost-efficient decision, but considering they can range from $5,000-$18,000 they’re a rather expensive purchase. Not necessarily the best investment especially if the jet ski is only used sparingly. Renting a jet ski comes with the benefit of affordable prices based on the duration of the rental period. Whether it’s for a few hours or an entire weekend, renting is an affordable option for those who are unable to purchase a new or used one.
- No Upkeep. Renting a jet ski is a great option for people who don’t have the space to store the watercraft during off-seasons. It’s also beneficial for those who don’t have the desire to maintain the general upkeep of the watercraft, including cleaning, gassing, ensuring safety protocols, etc. Simply rent the jet ski and return it when done with no headaches!
- Time to Practice. Buying a jet ski is a big investment for people who may not be experienced with the activity. Luckily, when renting a jet ski users can get quick guides and tutorials, play around and get comfortable, and if it’s not a great fit there’s no financial commitment to a jet ski that will ultimately go unused.
Whether you’re a watercraft expert or a complete beginner, the best way to get out on the water is by renting a jet ski from Motor Boatin’! Contact us today and let us equip you to enjoy all that Falls Lake has to offer this summer!
For parents, we are approaching the best time of the year: summer break. But, right before summer break comes graduation season in Raleigh!
Graduation and graduation parties are right around the corner for the Raleigh area. But, what is the best way to celebrate? At Motor Boatin’, we are never short of great ways to celebrate big life events! And we have helped quite a few Raleigh families celebrate a variety of life events.
3 of the best ways to celebrate graduating from high school or graduating from college are:
- Plan a Weekend Getaway: A weekend getaway is a great way to remember the event and make some great memories! Whether it is with family or friends, a getaway is great. Falls Lake in Raleigh offers premium camping and allows for great daytime activities such as boat rental and jet ski rental.
- Get Active: Plan a day full of hiking, swimming or jet ski riding in Raleigh! Falls Lake is a great place to get out, get active, and celebrate a big accomplishment.
- A Day at the Park: A day at the park with friends or family as well as a party at the park is a great way to celebrate graduating. Falls Lake has great campgrounds that allow for most parties and great party activities such as a ride on a boat or fishing.
Graduating from high school or college is such a special time. It is something that should be celebrated and remembered. If you are interested in getting out, trying a new adventure or throwing a camping weekend with friends, contact Motor Boatin’ today.
We are located off of Falls Lake but can bring our boats and jet skis to any of the local lakes in Raleigh. Our team has knowledge of the entire Triangle area and would love to help plan a great, memorable weekend.
Living the lake life means doing activities by and on the lake that make us happy. Whether it means enjoying time on the water with a fishing rod or renting a boat for a sunset cruise, spending time at Falls Lake is for everyone. Motor Boatin’ has fishing boat rentals and pontoon boat rentals for those looking for a fun lake activity.
5 steps to living the lake life are:
- Bring a positive attitude: Staying positive can help family and friends to also have a good time. There is a difference between planning out a day and stressing everyone out about the plan. Going along with what the day brings will result in a positive lake experience.
- Love nature: Enjoy the sunshine and fresh air while at Falls Lake. While boating around, feel the wind and the sun’s warmth. When spending time at the lake, relax and get rid of stress by being with nature. Wear the right safety gear and sun protection and the day at the lake will go well.
- Try lake activities: Make memories by renting a boat, planning a picnic, or fishing. There are plenty of activities at Falls Lake. Renting a fishing boat or having lunch/dinner on a pontoon boat are some of Motor Boatin’s favorite activities. If time runs out, come back and try out a different lake activity another day.
- Spend time with loved ones: Most of us do not get as much time to spend time with family and friends. Planning a day on the lake can help bring everyone together for a day full of fun and catching up.
- Slow down and enjoy the day: The work week is fast paced. Remember to slow down and take in the fresh air. Taking time to relax will help one feel better to take on the following day’s schedule. Feeling relaxed while also feeling adventurous is a great combination for a memorable lake experience.
Motor Boatin’ serves Falls Lake residents and visitors by providing various boat rentals: fishing and pontoon. Plan for some time on the lake and contact Motor Boatin’ for more boat rental information.
It is wonderful to rent a jet ski in the fall around Triangle area lakes. Especially this year because it is staying warmer later than usual in the Raleigh area!
But, it may be hard to choose exactly where to go, with so much to see and do on a jet ski around here. One thing is certain: Motor-Boatin LLC is the best place to rent jet ski.
3 reasons that Falls Lake is the leading lake to rent a jet ski on because:
- Quiet, Calm Environment. Falls Lake sports an undeveloped, 12,000-acre reservoir with over 300 campsites at four of the access area and five swim beaches. Quieter and less crowded than Jordan Lake.
- Great Place to Learn. Renting a jet ski from Motor-Boatin LLC for Falls Lake can offer the new jet ski rider some room to experiment and get used to a jet ski. This might be the best place to go for those less experienced on a rental jet ski, or who want less competition for the open water.
- After enjoying a day jet skiing on Falls Lake, you can enjoy an evening of camping near the Lake!
We are in Wake Forest, a little off Hwy 50 at Falls Lake and mere minutes from Jordan Lake, Harris Lake and Kerr Lake. We are convenient to Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, the Triangle, Garner, Knightdale, and neighboring communities in North Carolina. Contact us today at 919-800-9716 to rent a jet ski and plan for a day or a weekend of fun.
Jet skis are easily the fastest and most thrilling personal water craft (PWC) available. Essentially, they’re like motorbikes that ride on open water. However, a PWC doesn’t operate in the same way as a boat, with an outboard motor and propeller; nor is it like an actual motorbike with a gasoline engine moving the back wheel.
In fact, a jet ski powers through the water by shooting a forceful jet stream of water behind it and the force of the water squirting backwards pushes it forward. The key here is Newton’s third law of motion – every action has an equal and opposite reaction. So how exactly does all of this work internally?
Our boating experts here at Motor Boatin offer the mechanics behind how a jet ski works to provide riders with the thrill they crave:
- Powering Water Intake. When riders first turn the key, a standard 1500cc gasoline engine engages (the engine is about the same size that would be found in a small car or large motorbike). This power causes large amounts of water to be sucked in through an intake grate located on the bottom of the jet ski.
- Powering the Impeller. In cars and motorbikes, the engine drives the wheels in order to provoke motion. However, the jet ski’s engine powers an impeller, which is kind of like a propeller that’s fitted inside a pipe. The impeller is made of three stainless steel blades, about five inches in diameter. The water is sucked in through one end of the pipe and then expelled through the other end in a high-speed jet stream.
- Steering and Water Speed. The water exits through a steerable nozzle located in the back of the jet ski. It’s smaller in size than the water intake grate, so the force of the water being pushed out helps to build up speed for the jet stream. Steering is similar to a motorbike, or simply turning handlebars one way or another. The handlebars pull a cable that turns the water jet in the steering direction, thus enabling riders to maneuver with ease. It’s important to note that since the speed of the water jet powers the jet ski, they are more effective at high speeds and are more difficult to ride at low speeds.
This is the science behind how jet skis work internally to give Falls Lake jet ski riders an exciting time on the water. If you’re interested in renting a jet ski, pontoon boat, or fishing boat, give us a call at Motor Boatin today!
One of the greatest American pastimes is camping. Reconnecting with nature, unplugging from constant screen time, and enjoying the simple pleasures that life has to offer are perfect ways to unwind and rejuvenate.
Our team at Motor Boatin knows that many Triangle residents love spending time outdoors, especially in the beautiful parks of the area, such as Falls Lake. As Falls Lake’s boat rental company, we see that many Raleigh and Durham residents go camping at Falls Lake in the Fall because the weather cools down.
5 great activities available to all Falls Lake campers are:
- Hiking or Biking. Falls Lake has numerous trails weaving through the wooded areas and around the water. Located in the Beaverdam area, there are two 6.5 mile trails for biking -one for easy/intermediate riders, and one for the more advanced. Hiking trails usually connect through recreational areas and offer camping grounds for backpackers.
- Boat Rental. This is where we can help make the most of time on the lake! There are plenty of boat-launching ramps in various parts of the lake. We can also offer jet skis in addition to our pontoon boats!
- Picnicking. All recreational areas on the lake offer picnic locations complete with outdoor grills and tables. Some areas like Beaverdam and Sandling Beach offer picnic shelters for a reservation fee, perfect for family gatherings!
- Swimming. Sandling Beach, Rolling View, and Beaverdamn areas offer sandy beaches for anyone passing through, with restrooms and changing areas nearby. The Holly Point location has swimming areas for campers only.
- Fishing. The anglers of the Triangle will be pleased to cast a line and catch a variety of fish including bass, crappie, and catfish. Keep in mind that we have fishing boat rental options to accommodate a fishing trip on Falls Lake.
The options are endless for the outdoor lovers of the Triangle looking to spend some quality time with friends and family at Falls Lake. Give us a call or stop by and see us at Motor Boatin to see our boat rental options and receive helpful tips to enjoy your time to the fullest!
Whether renting a boat for leisure or a jet ski for more of a thrill, it’s important to employ practical water safety measures. No matter how much experience someone has on the water, the unexpected can happen. However, with thorough preparation and attention to detail, boating and other water activities can be both safe and enjoyable.
5 key water and boating safety tips recommended by our friendly staff of Motor Boatin serving the Falls Lake community are:
- Check the Weather. Before heading out, always check a local Raleigh report for weather updates. When on the water, be aware of darkening clouds or any changes that may pose a problem and get to land safely and quickly. Remember: if in doubt, don’t go out.
- Use a Pre-Departure Checklist. Another useful way to maintain water and boating safety is using a relevant checklist. Ensuring that life jackets, distress signals, lights, fuel, and other tools are present and operating properly on the boat before departing will guarantee safety on the water should anything occur.
- Be Alert. Open water is treated as an intersection, so always be aware of other boaters and those enjoying water sports. They may not notice other boats or jet skis, so keeping an eagle-eye out for any possible dangers or collisions is the first step to preventing them.
- Be Considerate. If others are out enjoying a day on Falls Lake, please be mindful of where they’re located and what they’re doing. Flying by too quickly could create waves and ripples that potentially affect their safety on the water.
- Loose the Booze. Enjoying a nice day on a pontoon boat may seem like the perfect chance to imbibe and enjoy a few drinks. But the rules that apply to operating a vehicle on land also apply to boating on the water. In NC, it is prohibited to operate a boat or any personal water device under the influence of drugs or alcohol, with the legal BAC limit being 0.08%.
Taking the time to ensure proper safety procedures will guarantee a great day on the lake with fun boating and water activities! If you’re interested in renting a jet ski or pontoon boat, stop by and see us at Motor Boatin off of Falls Lake to see your options!
When living and boating in the Raleigh area, there are many choices of where to rent a jet ski. These options include Jordan Lake, Falls Lake, or heading to the beach. But, no matter where a jet ski can be rented, how can you tell it is a good company to rent from?
Upon first talking to a company, there are questions to ask about their company and products. Motor-Boatin regularly receives phone calls about our jet skis and pontoon boats and we are happy to answer any questions! But, also inspect the jet skis upon arrival at their site. If it seems a little fishy, then they aren’t the right company to rent from.
4 questions everyone should ask before choosing to jet ski from a jet ski and boat rental company are:
- What Insurance Coverage is Included? Motor-Boatin can only rent to individuals over the age of 26 because we offer full liability insurance when renting a boat or jet ski at Falls Lake.
- How Old Are the Jet Skis? Rust and corrosion on jet skis are a sign that they are older and less reliable. All jet skis should look new or remain in excellent condition; if they look older or warn down, this is not a great rental.
- Has the Jet Ski Been Maintained? Make sure there are no water leaks or loose wires first and foremost. Be sure the head isn’t burnt out of the jet ski. Then, discuss with the owner pump and impeller blades as well as make ask about damage to the hull of the jet ski.
- How to Operate the Jet Ski? A jet ski rental company should teach on how to use their specific jet skis including starting and stopping the vehicle and what to do in case of an emergency.
Seen something that made you nervous before renting a jet ski in Raleigh? Motor-Boatin, which rents jet skis and boats on Falls Lake, offer great insurance, equipment, and customer service. Give us a call today at 919-800-9716 to set up a jet ski rental on Falls Lake.
The summer heat wave has hit the Raleigh area! Temperatures are soaring into the upper 90s and it feels like we have crossed into the triple digits. Summer is the best time to enjoy boat rentals and jet ski rentals on Falls Lake, but with temperatures so high, it might feel like a bad idea.
Motor Boatin, the exclusive boat rental company at Falls Lake, has seen many customers rent a boat who have the same concerns. There are so many ways to keep them temperatures down and enjoy Falls Lake this summer.
Even though it can feel very hot, Motor Boatin’s team has found the three best ways to stay cool on Falls Lake this summer are:
- Rent a Pontoon Boat. All of the pontoon boats at Motor Boatin are covered to include shade and keep all boat renters cool when out on Falls Lake. It is surprising, but shade can bring the temperature down about 10 degrees.
- Swim at Falls Lake. Take a break from the boat and go for a swim to cool down at Falls Lake. There is a beautiful, clean dedicated area to swim in at Falls Lake that stays cool during the summer.
- Jet Ski. Renting jet skis can be a great solution to beat the heat at Falls Lake this summer. The speeds get high enough on jet skis that allow rider to cool off and escape the summer heat.
There are so many more ways to stay cool out on Falls Lake, such as drinking lots of water and bringing handheld fans. The summer sun can be rough in North Carolina, but remember, it only lasts for a couple of weeks.
If you are ready to rent a boat at Falls Lake, contact Motor Boatin for more information and tips today.