Riding a Jet Ski is a fun way to spend a lake day. When out on the water, it is important to follow safety guidelines to ensure an enjoyable yet safe ride. Motor Boatin’ provides some safety tips for anyone looking to ride a Jet Ski.
Here are five safety tips for riding a Jet Ski:
- Take an online boating safety course: Online safety courses are available to inform individuals with all different kinds of boating backgrounds of the safety guidelines that should be enforced at all times. On our website, we provide a free safety course to get started.
- Wear a life jacket: One of the most crucial safety precautions when riding any personal watercraft is wearing a life jacket. The driver and all passengers of the Jet Ski should be wearing a life jacket at all times regardless of their swimming abilities. It is also important that the jacket fits correctly. Wearing a life jacket that is too loose or too tight can cause it to not work properly.
- Maintain distance and don’t speed: Like cars, speeding is one of the leading causes of accidents on the water. With this, it is a good idea to maintain a safe distance when riding near other Jet Skis to prevent any serious accidents.
- Never drink alcoholic beverages when operating: Drinking when operating a Jet Ski can impair a driver’s judgment and cause unsafe conditions. This makes it very dangerous for not only the driver but also the passengers riding. North Carolina prohibits any person from being under the influence when operating all types of watercraft.
- Stay alert: When riding on public waters, there can be other individuals on all types of watercraft. It is important to be mindful of others and to always stay alert to ensure the safety of everyone riding and those in close proximity.
Safety is our number one priority. If you are interested in renting a Jet Ski or any other personal watercraft, consider Motor Boatin’. Check our availability and reserve a spot today. Contact us for more information or any questions you may have.