There are a lot of things to do at falls lake. Spending a summer at falls lake could be done with no problem! We are going to tell you our favorite three things to do at falls lake!
Before we share our four favorite things to do, we want to share a few honorable mentions. We also love hiking, swimming, boating (non-gasoline powered), and checking out the beaver dams at Falls Lake.
While spending the weekend at Falls Lake, our favorite four things to do at the lake are:
Boating: Our pontoon boats are the peak of Falls Lake. Many individuals coming out to Falls Lake to enjoy Falls Lake Recreation will end up renting one of our boats to spend the day on the lake.
Jet Skis: One of the best ways to enjoy the water and break up the day on pontoon boats or fishing is to rent a jet ski. Our jet skis are available in half-day or whole day rentals.
Fishing: Falls lake is known for its amazing fishing. Having five different types of fish including largemouth bass and two types of catfish puts Falls lake a few steps ahead of any other regular fishing spot. There are also multiple ways to fish at Falls Lake. Renting a motorboat or paddle/ non-gasoline boat are the two most popular ways.
Camping: Many of our boat renters want to spend more time on the boats or want one day to enjoy jet skis. For those individuals, we really suggest camping in the Falls Lake Grounds. It’s a great way to enjoy both boats and jet skis.
Are you planning on spending a weekend at Falls Lake this Fall? Then, our team at Motor Boatin’ would love to be part of your trip! We have phenomenal boats for fishing, jet skis, and more available to rent. Click here to learn more now.
It’s been a busy summer at Motor Boatin’ and we’ve decided to buy a new boat! This boat can completely change the game on the lake. A new boat can create a lot of new things to do at the lake. This boat can pull tubes, fish from, go fast, and seat four people. This new boat is called the MAXUM.
With the MAXUM you can do a lot. There are also a few features on this new boat that are different from the other boats.
885lbs Max Weight
18 ft Length
What does this mean? Well, this boat has almost double the power as a sweet water pontoon. This boat can also reach speeds up to 45mph. Renting a boat like this would allow a great time for a family. Four seats allow the perfect amount for a family trip to the beach. Not too little space but just enough. This boat is great for tubing, fishing, and many other things can be done on this awesome boat!
There’s nothing like summertime to make you want to be on the water. While the beach may be a bit too far from the Raleigh area, we’re lucky to have tons of lakes nearby for summertime fun. And nothing is better on a lake than taking out a boat. We get that renting a boat isn’t something that a lot of people do, so it may seem a little intimidating.
5 tips to help you rent a pontoon boat are:
How many people? Figure out how many people will be on the boat with you. Knowing this number and how much stuff you’ll bring (coolers take up a lot of space!) will help you figure out how big a boat you’ll need to rent.
What are you going to do? If you’re planning on lots of towables and high adventure activities, you’ll want a more powerful boat than if you want a day of cruising and swimming.
How long do you want to be out? Decide if you want to be out for a full day or maybe try this boating thing for a few hours.
When and where. Once you know the type of day you want to have and who you want to spend the day with, figure out when and where you want to be. We can set you up on many different lakes in the Raleigh area, so check out the lakes near and far from you.
Go on our site. The final step is to talk to us. Check out our website to book what best works for you.
We’re always happy to help people determine what boat rent. Nothing gives us more satisfaction than getting people to love the water life. When you’re ready to rent a pontoon boat or any other of our watercraft, check out Motor Boatin’ today!
Boating season is here! We’re so excited to get back on the water (or at least get back on the water without freezing), and the Raleigh area is an awesome place to do that. There are so many lakes in Wake County and surrounding areas to enjoy that it can be overwhelming to figure out where to go.
Here are a few of our favorites:
Falls Lake: Falls Lake is our ‘home’ lake, but that’s not why it tops our list. There’s something very special about Falls Lake. Even though it’s just outside the main metro areas, it feels like you’re a world away.
Kerr Lake: If you’re willing to head out just a little further, Kerr Lake is a popular choice. It’s between the North Carolina and Virginia borders. It’s popular as a retreat, with lots of vacation homes available, but there are also day-trip friendly entry points.
Jordan Lake: Over in the western part of the Raleigh area is Jordan Lake. It’s really long, so it provides lots of room to play. With many entry points and beaches, there are tons of areas to explore.
Harris Lake: Just south of Jordan Lake, you’ll find Harris Lake. It’s another boating-friendly lake, but it’s kind of a hidden gem and quieter than the other lakes on the list. It’s a cozy lake, smaller than the others, with lots of ‘fingers’ and coves to explore.
Although we operate mainly out of Falls Lake, you can always tow one of our boats to your preferred lake. Depending on availability, we may be able to deliver your boat for a fee, if you’re not able to tow on your own. Contact Motor Boatin when you’re ready to get out on the water.
Our boat rentals can be fun for the whole family, but it is important to go over the basics of boat safety with your children before setting out on the water. Here at Motor Boatin LLC, we want your whole family to have fun on Falls Lake or one of the other nearby lakes. Safety is key to fun when it comes to boats.
When you complete boat rentals with us, we require the completion of an online boat safety course for the person who will be driving the boat, but it is important for everyone on board the boat to know how to keep safe during your boat rentals.
Here are some things to discuss with your kids before taking off in your rented boat:
Life jackets are required: Being a good swimmer is not enough. Everyone should have a life jacket approved by the U.S. Coast Guard.
Life jackets have to fit to work: Have your kids raise their arms above their heads. Their life jacket should not touch their chin or ears if it is tightened properly.
Keep warm: It may seem too hot for a jacket or blanket on shore, but always take extra layers for keeping warm on the water.
Open water is not like a pool: Lakes have uneven surfaces and currents. Swimming should occur in designated areas only. Diving can be dangerous because you don’t know what’s under the surface.
Infants should have their own life jackets and should be held in the boat, not left in a car seat. The car seat would sink immediately if it ever went overboard. CPR training (specifically for children and infants) is a very good idea. When it comes to having fun on the water, supervision of children is key.
A trip on one of our fishing boats can be a perfect outing for your family or friends. We can deliver fishing boats to Falls Lake or one of the other nearby lakes. All you have to do is make sure that your NC fishing licenses are current, grab your fishing gear and snacks, and meet us at the lake.
Falls Lake is a 12,400-acre lake that is well-known for being the perfect place to fish for largemouth bass. There are plenty of other types of fish in the lake as well, including the following:
Catfish: Channel catfish, flathead catfish and blue catfish are waiting to be caught by you.
Crappie: Both white and black crappie are found in the lake.
Bass: Largemouth bass and white bass are the species for which Falls Lake is best known. There are also striped bass (also known as stripers) in the area.
Perch: Whether you are looking for white perch or yellow perch, you can find them here.
Falls Lake is great for fishing boats because it has plenty of sections with trees and stumps in the coves. Most of the time, the water maintains a nice stain, as well, encouraging fish to come closer to the surface than they would if the water was clear. You can sight-fish at times, though. Local fisherman use spinnerbaits, square bill, crankbaits and jigs to fish the shallows here. To complement your fishing boat rental, the area also includes more than 300 campsites, some with RV hookups, along with a marina, nearby lodging, conveniently located stores and even a local bait and tackle shop.
Some people will tell you that pontoon boats aren’t a great option for anglers. However, many of the things that make pontoons such a great option for partying and family activities on the water also make them advantageous for fishing. Here are a few reasons why you might want to think about renting pontoon boats for your next day of fishing.
1. Plenty of space. If you like to fish with several fishing rods, a couple of coolers of drinks and snacks, a cooler for the fish you catch, and plenty of lures and other fishing paraphernalia, you’ll appreciate the extra space that pontoon boats offer.
2. More than one size. You don’t have to get a mammoth pontoon if it is just going to be one or two of you going out fishing. There are also smaller ones built for just a couple of people that will still give you elbow room but not have more space than you need.
3. Stability. Struggling with a fish that is determined not to be caught can send a small boat rocking dangerously. Pontoon boats are more stable, so you can keep your balance more easily.
4. Comfort. Larger pontoon boats usually have very comfortable seating, comparable to your sofa cushions at home. Why not have a bit of comfort as you coax the next largemouth bass to its demise?
If you want to give pontoon boats a try for fishing before you commit to purchasing one, check out our options here at Motor-Boatin LLC. While there are a few downsides, such as being more challenging to steer and maneuver, we think you might be surprised at how nice it can be to enjoy Falls Lake with one of our pontoon boats. Our online booking makes it easy, and you can call us with any questions you may have.
When owning your own boat isn’t feasible because of the investment or ongoing costs of storage and upkeep, you might be wondering if joining a boat club is the best option. On the surface, they often look like a great idea. However, when you look a bit deeper, you’ll recognize that boat rentals are often the better way to go. Here’s why:
1. Takes the pressure off. If you paid an initial fee to a boat club and have a monthly fee on top of that, you may start feeling pressure to go use a boat even during months you don’t have the time. Nobody likes to feel their money wasn’t well spent, so you’ll feel stressed when you can’t get out there for one reason or another. With boat rentals, you pay as you go. Can’t get out this month? No problem. No costs involved in staying home.
2. Boat selection may be limited. Boat clubs tend to overstate availability. Not only do they often have fewer types of boats than you might find with boat rentals, but they may also not be there on the days you want them, particularly on holidays and weekends. Booking boat rentals online gives you the chance to see upfront what is available for the time you plan to go out on the water.
3. High costs. Boat clubs are not cheap. You can expect a high buy-in as well as a monthly fee. Unless you will be using boats often and traveling to other parts of the country where a nation-wide boat club would work well for you, going with local boat rentals is going to be your most cost-effective option.
If you are looking to enjoy a day on Falls Lake or lakes in the surrounding area, check out the boat rentals here at Motor-Boatin LLC. We offer quality boats of different types, including pontoon, motorboats, and fishing boats. Our online booking is open 24 hours, so you can plan for your next free day you want to spend on the water. Call us if you have any questions.
Personal watercrafts came on the scene back in the 1970s with Yamaha waverunners, the first sit-down type, open-stern production, personal watercraft, entering the market in 1986. Since then, they have become a popular option on our nation’s beaches, as well as lakes and other waterways. If you are new to waverunners, here are a few basics you should know.
1. Rent before you buy. It is usually better to learn how to operate something new by renting one before investing in one. This gives you the opportunity to see if you like it enough to own one yourself. You can also rent different types so you’ll learn which you prefer.
2. Learn the safety measures. There are two very important safety measures you should know. The first is that you should always wear a life jacket. Even if you are an excellent swimmer, a life jacket could save your life if you were to be rendered unconscious in an accident. The second is to use the engine shut-off clip safety feature. That way, if you fall off, the engine instantly shuts down. This keeps you safe, as well as others in the area.
3. Start slow. You should always start at slow speeds as you learn how waverunners move on the water and how to safely manage turning. Take time to see how the watercraft maneuvers before going full-throttle. It is best to learn while close to shore. Once you feel confident, head out to deeper waters and slowly increase speed. Waverunners hop off waves at higher speeds, so lift your buttocks a couple inches off the seat when you feel it lift for a more comfortable ride.
If you are interested in renting waverunners, sea-doos or jet skis, check out our selection at Motor-Boatin LLC. Our online booking is available 24 hours a day. We also rent pontoon boats, fishing boats, and motorboats. Get out and enjoy all that Falls Lake has to offer and create life-long memories!
If you have wanted to take advantage of North Carolina’s best lake for largemouth bass, catfish and crappie, you can’t go wrong spending a day fishing on Falls Lake. There are always plenty of fishing tips for landing a great haul for dinner and stocking the freezer. The best tip of all is taking advantage of fishing boat rentals. While you can enjoy bank fishing, getting out on the water has several benefits.
1. Check out multiple spots. If you are bank fishing and aren’t getting any nibbles, it can take you several minutes or longer to pack up and relocate to another spot. Fishing boat rentals give you the flexibility to seek out a new spot whenever you want by just bringing in your line and motoring somewhere else.
2. Chance to explore. Many believe that sitting on a bank in one or two spots can get boring. If you are out on the water thanks to fishing boat rentals, you can take a respite from the fishing and explore the lake to enjoy the scenery and see areas you’d never get to see on foot.
3. Bigger fish. It isn’t uncommon to find bigger game fish in deeper waters, and that takes getting away from the shoreline. You’ll also find more types of fish because many do not hang out on the shore.
4. Other activities. Being out on Falls Lake gives you plenty of other things to do when you want a break from fishing. Some anglers enjoy getting in the water with a snorkel to see what is going on down below before they decide on a spot for fishing.
Here’s one more tip about fishing boat rentals – get yours from Motor-Boatin LLC. We offer a wide variety of boats for all your lake activities with an easy online 24-hour portal for reserving your boat for use on Falls Lake or to be towed to any lake in the surrounding area. Feel free to call us if you have any questions.