Life as we know it has changed for us all. We are living in unprecedented times but we are also experiencing something we had never had so much of before: TIME. We have more time on our hands than we could have ever imagined. So how can we take advantage of this gift of time that we have been given?
Here is a list of fun outdoor activities we have put together to do alone or with the household:
- Walk/Jog: Take a walk or jog with the family and pets in the park or greenway. There is nothing better than fresh air when one has to be isolated at home for most of the day.
- Hike: Hiking is an immense stress reliever, it calms the mind and is a great escape from the home while providing an excellent workout. Enjoy the scenic trails and appreciate the beauty of nature that is all around us.
- Picnic: Get the family out of the house for a picnic. The time outside will be remarkable for physical health and will help boost everyone’s mood. Grab some sandwiches, fruits, and simple games and enjoy some family time.
- Fishing: Fishing allows one to unplug, destress and relax. Whether you’re a seasoned pro at fishing or just like to fish for fun, what an awesome activity that can be done alone or with the family. It’s a perfect opportunity to get out of the house.
- Boating: Of course our favorite activity we recommend, is getting the family out on the lake for a boat ride. Boating gets you away from the daily grind. Set sail, appreciate the wonderful outdoors and bask in the sunshine.
There are many benefits of being outdoors and active especially at this time. Motor boatin’ is here for our community to provide boat and Jet Ski rentals. We are doing our part to prevent the spread of the virus by following all CDC guidelines and making sure all our boats and equipment are sanitized regularly. Give us a call today and get out on the water!
Falls Lake is one of the most popular lakes in the Raleigh area and it’s our personal favorite as well. We love it so much that we have based our recreational boat rental business on this lake!
Here are a few reason boaters love Falls Lake:
- So much space to explore: Falls Lake is pretty big. It stretches out through 12,000 acres, providing lots of space to take a boat out. There are wider areas to really let loose and smaller areas for more quiet relaxation. We find that whatever kind of boating experience we want, Falls Lake has a spot for it.
- Close to home but still a getaway: The lake is pretty central to Raleigh and Durham, but it’s still a little bit out of the way. The short drive coupled with the undeveloped surroundings makes it feel like you’re really away while still being close to home.
- Activities: There are many activities beyond boating available at Falls Lake. You can camp and make a whole weekend out of boating, enjoying beaches, hiking trails, mountain biking, fishing and more.
- Year-round appeal: Because it’s undeveloped, you get to really enjoy nature’s beauty at this lake. The lushness of summer, the colors of fall, the quiet stillness of winter and the burst of new growth in the spring are all on full display at Falls Lake.
To us, the best way to enjoy Falls Lake is by boat, which is why we’re in the business that we are in. Rent a boat and spend some time on Falls Lake. Check out the boats and jet skis available to rent or contact us with any questions. Don’t forget to take advantage of the special we are running for the month of February – purchase a rental and get free rental insurance and a towable tube.
Motor Boatin’ allows their boat renters to travel with the boats they rent. Taking boats to other locations can provide a nice change from Falls Lake. Different lakes provide the opportunity to do different things. Where one lake might lack another might succeed.
The only catch with bringing a boat to another location is the delivery fee and that the boat must be back on time. There is a $200 fee for delivery to another lake if a renter delivers boat themselves there is no delivery fee, but rental insurance is added.
The top three lakes to travel to in North Carolina are:
- Lake Norman: This is the largest man-made freshwater lake in North Carolina. There are multiple boat access points and amazing fishing it makes for a great time. The amount of fish and birds that live on the fifty-five-year-old lake is astounding. New sightings are registered every year. Make sure to look at the water’s edge to see if there is anything cool! There are very nice beaches as well.
- Jordan lake: Being located just south or Raleigh and Durham they have a very easily accessible site. Having 13,940 acres allows a lot of different activities to be done. There are over 1,000 campsites, including RV hook ups and tent camping. Fishing is also allowed at Jordan lake and there are 17 miles of hiking trails along with easily accessible clean beaches and islands!
- Lake James: Lake James is an amazing place to go. Here they allow Jet skis, camping on shore, and fishing. Lake James is better known for a few other things including many blockbuster films like Last of The Mohicans and The Hunt for Red October.
Check out these amazing lakes. Don’t forget there are many others in North Carolina. And remember Motor Boatin’ is always here for your boating needs! Check us out today!
It’s been a busy summer at Motor Boatin’ and we’ve decided to buy a new boat! This boat can completely change the game on the lake. A new boat can create a lot of new things to do at the lake. This boat can pull tubes, fish from, go fast, and seat four people. This new boat is called the MAXUM.
With the MAXUM you can do a lot. There are also a few features on this new boat that are different from the other boats.
- MAXUM 1800MX
- 4 seats
- 135 Horsepower
- 885lbs Max Weight
- Bimini Top
- 18 ft Length
What does this mean? Well, this boat has almost double the power as a sweet water pontoon. This boat can also reach speeds up to 45mph. Renting a boat like this would allow a great time for a family. Four seats allow the perfect amount for a family trip to the beach. Not too little space but just enough. This boat is great for tubing, fishing, and many other things can be done on this awesome boat!
If you want to book this boat or another one of our boats now, click here.
Who is ready for a party on the water? We realize that not everyone is well-versed in the world of boating, and that Motor Boatin’ is often a trial run to lake life for a lot of people, so we wanted to give you some tips for making the most out of a boat party.
4 top tips for hosting a lake party on a boat are:
1. Size matters – Make sure to get a boat that will give you and your guests enough space to enjoy the day. Remember that it’s not just people that need space- you’ll have coolers, toys, music player/speakers, towels, sunscreen, food and more.
2. Have some activities planned – So you got your friends together, you set sail….and now what? Think about what you want to do once you’re on the boat and plan accordingly. Are you tubing, swimming, fishing? Make sure you have the gear needed or you might end up sitting on the boat and staring at each other for the day.
3. Always bring food and water – Being outside on the water tends to wear people out, making plenty of food and water a necessity, not just part of your fun. Plan for more than enough water and food for each person, how you’ll serve and eat it all and don’t forget to bring a trash bag or two.
4. Practice good boating safety – Ideally, you want to make sure everyone sailing with you a decent swimmer. Have life jackets readily available and listen to our safety talk. If you have any questions at all about operating a boat or safety on the water, please ask us. We want everyone to have a great time.
Boating life is one of the perks of living in the Triangle. We have so many great lakes where we can go enjoy a good boat party. Motor Boatin’ has lots of options for you and your crew. Contact us today so we can help you get on the water!
Here at Motor Boatin LLC, we deliver our motorboats and Jet Skis to a number of nearby lakes, taking away the stress and hassle of you having to tow your own boat. However, some of our renters choose to tow their motorboats to lakes that are further away or to take a boat on a trip with them. If you are thinking about hitching a boat to the back of your truck or SUV, it is important to know how to do it safely.
Driving with a trailer attached can be tricky. It takes a new set of skills and some practice to do it safely. You also need the right tow vehicle that can safely and effectively haul one of our motorboats. If you aren’t sure if you have the vehicle for the job, we can help you make that determination and recommend the size of boat you should tow.
Before you tow any motorboats on a trailer, here are some things to check:
- Ready your tow vehicle: Fill up your gas tank and check your oil, radiator water level, transmission fluid level and tire inflation. Your vehicle has to work much harder when it is towing, so it is important to give it everything it needs.
- Weight distribution: The boat must be loaded correctly on the trailer for it to be safe to tow. The center of gravity should be low, and the load needs to be balanced side to side.
- Check the trailer lights: Make sure that the turn signal, running and brake lights are all working on the trailer.
- Double-check the connection: There are different sizes of trailer balls, so make sure that the ball on your vehicle matches the coupler on the trailer. Make sure everything is fastened and latched. Make sure the safety chains are connected and that the boat is ratcheted down.
Here at Motor Boatin LLC, we are proud to offer Yamaha Waverunners to our customers for Jet Ski rentals. We have Yamaha Waverunners that are the VX Deluxe model. Each Jet Ski can hold up to 3 people at a time, but there are many other reasons why this has become our Jet Ski model of choice. Yamaha Waverunners were first introduced in 1986 as the world’s first tandem Jet Ski, and Yamaha has worked tirelessly to improve the reliability, fun and function of these superior personal watercraft ever since.
These are some of our favorite things about our Yamaha Waverunners:
- Reliability: The engineering and quality control of Yamaha sets the standard for the whole personal watercraft industry. These Jet Skis require relatively little maintenance due to their years of small engine expertise.
- Fuel efficiency: High fuel efficiency saves you money and means that your day of adventure has a small environmental impact.
- Assembled in the USA: We are proud to use a product that is assembled here in America.
- Easy-to-understand controls: It is easier to go forward and in reverse with Yamaha Waverunners than some other Jet Skis. All the controls are on the handlebars, and there is even an anti-lock braking type feature that will help you stop quickly without getting thrown over the handlebars.
Yamaha Waverunners are used extensively for recreation, but they are also the Jet Ski of choice for many rescue and patrol uses. They are good for people new to Jet Skis, but they are also sure to give Jet Ski veterans a fun ride every time.
Our boat rentals can be fun for the whole family, but it is important to go over the basics of boat safety with your children before setting out on the water. Here at Motor Boatin LLC, we want your whole family to have fun on Falls Lake or one of the other nearby lakes. Safety is key to fun when it comes to boats.
When you complete boat rentals with us, we require the completion of an online boat safety course for the person who will be driving the boat, but it is important for everyone on board the boat to know how to keep safe during your boat rentals.
Here are some things to discuss with your kids before taking off in your rented boat:
- Life jackets are required: Being a good swimmer is not enough. Everyone should have a life jacket approved by the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Life jackets have to fit to work: Have your kids raise their arms above their heads. Their life jacket should not touch their chin or ears if it is tightened properly.
- Keep warm: It may seem too hot for a jacket or blanket on shore, but always take extra layers for keeping warm on the water.
- Open water is not like a pool: Lakes have uneven surfaces and currents. Swimming should occur in designated areas only. Diving can be dangerous because you don’t know what’s under the surface.
Infants should have their own life jackets and should be held in the boat, not left in a car seat. The car seat would sink immediately if it ever went overboard. CPR training (specifically for children and infants) is a very good idea. When it comes to having fun on the water, supervision of children is key.
A trip on one of our fishing boats can be a perfect outing for your family or friends. We can deliver fishing boats to Falls Lake or one of the other nearby lakes. All you have to do is make sure that your NC fishing licenses are current, grab your fishing gear and snacks, and meet us at the lake.
Falls Lake is a 12,400-acre lake that is well-known for being the perfect place to fish for largemouth bass. There are plenty of other types of fish in the lake as well, including the following:
- Catfish: Channel catfish, flathead catfish and blue catfish are waiting to be caught by you.
- Crappie: Both white and black crappie are found in the lake.
- Bass: Largemouth bass and white bass are the species for which Falls Lake is best known. There are also striped bass (also known as stripers) in the area.
- Perch: Whether you are looking for white perch or yellow perch, you can find them here.
- Chain pickerel
Falls Lake is great for fishing boats because it has plenty of sections with trees and stumps in the coves. Most of the time, the water maintains a nice stain, as well, encouraging fish to come closer to the surface than they would if the water was clear. You can sight-fish at times, though. Local fisherman use spinnerbaits, square bill, crankbaits and jigs to fish the shallows here. To complement your fishing boat rental, the area also includes more than 300 campsites, some with RV hookups, along with a marina, nearby lodging, conveniently located stores and even a local bait and tackle shop.
The fall season means the air is growing a bit colder and the leaves are changing to beautiful shades of yellow, orange, and red. With the intense heat of the summer dissipating, the fall weather makes it ideal for a great weekend at the lake.
Our team at Motor Boatin’ off of Falls Lake has noticed that fall is a much better time to go out on the water. It’s not too hot outside but the cold doesn’t stop you. There are many activities to do when taking a weekend trip to the lake.
4 activities to do on a weekend lake trip are:
- Fishing: The fall season is a great time to go fishing with friends and family. It can also be a great time to take the boat out for one last spin before the cold weather sets in. And if you don’t have a boat, don’t worry, there are rentals available at some locations. Whether you’re a seasoned pro at fishing or you just like to fish for fun, it’s a great weekend activity for people of all ages.
- Hiking: With all the leaves changing colors, it’s one of the most beautiful times of the year to take a nature hike. Many parks and recreational areas have scenic trails that wind through the forests. And if you’re an animal lover, you can bring your dog along for the hike and maybe see some other animals along the way.
- Picnic: Picnics are great to have year-round. Friends and family can get together for a picnic at the lake one weekend to enjoy the fall weather. It’s a nice activity that many will enjoy. With the fall season, a Thanksgiving-themed picnic would be a good bet. There are all kinds of foods that can be made for a picnic and potluck style picnics are even better.
- Camping: After a long day of activities, you, your friends, or your family can spend a night under the stars. The weather is perfect for a campfire to keep everyone warm. Gathering around the fire, telling stories, and catching up are all things that can be done while camping at the lake. In addition to roasting marshmallows, you could also roast any fish caught while fishing on the lake that day.
The fall season is a great time to do many different outdoor activities. It’s not too cold and it’s not too hot and there are activities for everyone to do at the lake. If you want to take a trip to the lake before winter sets in, rent a boat from Motor-Boatin’ Recreational Boat Rental!