The holiday season is coming up and that means people are buying all kinds of gifts for their friends and loved ones. There is a good chance that someone in your life loves fishing or being out on the lake.
There are some things that any fishing lover would appreciate. Whether they fish to de-stress or fish as a competitive sport.
4 great gift ideas for the individuals who love fishing in your life are:
- Tackle box: Anyone who fishes needs a tackle box to keep their lures and hooks neat and orderly. The fisher in your life will greatly appreciate one! There are all kinds of tackle boxes, big and small, to fit everyone’s needs.
- Fishing pole: A new fishing pole is exciting for anyone who enjoys fishing. There are many poles on the market to choose from whether they’re a beginner or a pro.
- Fishing line: A fisher is always going to need some fishing line. There are different types of fishing line for the different types of fishing like freshwater or deep-sea fishing.
- Cooler bag: When going out to the lake or out on the boat to go fishing, there will be a need for drinks and snacks. For those who like to stay out fishing all day, a cooler bag is a great choice for a gift. It keeps drinks cool, so they can fish to their heart’s desire.
These are just a few of the gifts that anyone who loves fishing would appreciate this holiday season. If you want to get out on the lake and go fishing, contact Motor-Boatin’ Recreational Boat Rental!
Being an active member of the Falls Lake community, our team gets to see the seasons on Falls Lake. We see, once it starts to warm up in the Spring and Summer, boaters, jet skiers and swimmers out on the lake. But, when it cools in the Fall, it’s quiet on Falls Lake which means, we see our fishermen come out.
As the owner of Motor-Boatin’, a boat rental company on Falls Lake, I enjoy all seasons and I can rent boats for all times of the year. Right now, we are renting fishing boats in Raleigh more than anything else.
3 reasons why Fall is the best time to go fishing at Falls Lake are:
- Water Temperature: Certain types of fish are more active in certain water temperatures. For example, bass are active in 55 to 65-degree waters which are prevalent in the Fall and Spring.
- Less Noise: There are so many individuals out on Falls Lake during the warm, summer months that it can make the water noise louder than normal. Fish cannot sense the people noise above the water, but they can sense the boating noises and other noises that are underwater.
- Less Competition: There are a fewer number of people on Falls Lake in the Fall months. This means there is liking to be less people fishing and less fishermen to compete with.
Just because we have hit the Fall months doesn’t mean it is time to head back inside yet. It is still a great time of year to head out to Falls Lake and rent a fishing boat. If you are interested in fishing on Falls Lake, don’t hesitate! Contact our team at Motor-Boatin’ today and learn more about our fishing boats.
Pontoon boats are a very popular option when it comes to boat rentals or ownership, and there are some good reasons for this popularity. Pontoon boats are extremely versatile. They can be used for watersports, fishing or just lounging around the lake on a hot summer afternoon. They are perfect for families looking to have an adventure on the water together. Pontoon boats come in all sorts of sizes and shapes, so there’s bound to be a pontoon boat perfect for your activity and needs.
Another reason why pontoon boats are popular is because they are relatively easy to drive. They are good boats for beginners to learn how to drive a boat. They handle well at slower speeds and give the driver a good vantage point and view of the water because they sit relatively high off the water for their size.
If you are getting ready to set off on a new adventure involving pontoon boats, here are some tips for driving them:
- Remember that boats don’t have brakes: This is one of the hardest things for people new to driving boats to remember. It is important to reduce your speed prior to turning and in areas with more traffic because boats don’t have brakes like cars.
- Watch the wind: Because pontoon boats sit high off the water, they are susceptible to being pushed around a bit by the wind. It is important to factor in the wind as you decide what speed to drive and while you are turning the boat.
- Turning takes some practice: It is important to speed up smoothly to keep the propeller in the water. If you hear howling sounds, that means the propeller is sucking air. Always look around the boat before beginning a turn and remember that turning will also change the angle of the boat.
Let your inner fisherman out for an afternoon! Even if you don’t have your own boat, you can still go out on the water and try to catch some fish on one of our fishing boats. At Motor-Boatin LLC, we rent out fishing boats for use in Raleigh, North Carolina, and we can provide everything you need to have a great day out on the water, including rods, fresh bait, a packed tackle box, and more.
Not only are our fishing boats perfect for a solo trip, but they’re also great for family entertainment. Bring your kids along with you and show them the value of patience as you wait in excitement for that first bite – they’ll love reeling in the catch and spending the day out on the water under the warm sun.
For your convenience, we deliver our fishing boats to Falls Lake. If you want to have your boat delivered to another lake — Harris Lake, Jordan Lake, Kerr Lake or another local lake — we can do that with an additional fee. Or, if you want to tow your fishing boat to another lake, you’re welcome to do so yourself without the additional fee. You can rent our fishing boats for one day or multiple days, depending on your plans.
To rent one of our fishing boats, you can use our convenient online system or call us directly to make your reservation. Contact us to make your next reservation or if you want more information!
Some people will tell you that pontoon boats aren’t a great option for anglers. However, many of the things that make pontoons such a great option for partying and family activities on the water also make them advantageous for fishing. Here are a few reasons why you might want to think about renting pontoon boats for your next day of fishing.
1. Plenty of space. If you like to fish with several fishing rods, a couple of coolers of drinks and snacks, a cooler for the fish you catch, and plenty of lures and other fishing paraphernalia, you’ll appreciate the extra space that pontoon boats offer.
2. More than one size. You don’t have to get a mammoth pontoon if it is just going to be one or two of you going out fishing. There are also smaller ones built for just a couple of people that will still give you elbow room but not have more space than you need.
3. Stability. Struggling with a fish that is determined not to be caught can send a small boat rocking dangerously. Pontoon boats are more stable, so you can keep your balance more easily.
4. Comfort. Larger pontoon boats usually have very comfortable seating, comparable to your sofa cushions at home. Why not have a bit of comfort as you coax the next largemouth bass to its demise?
If you want to give pontoon boats a try for fishing before you commit to purchasing one, check out our options here at Motor-Boatin LLC. While there are a few downsides, such as being more challenging to steer and maneuver, we think you might be surprised at how nice it can be to enjoy Falls Lake with one of our pontoon boats. Our online booking makes it easy, and you can call us with any questions you may have.
When owning your own boat isn’t feasible because of the investment or ongoing costs of storage and upkeep, you might be wondering if joining a boat club is the best option. On the surface, they often look like a great idea. However, when you look a bit deeper, you’ll recognize that boat rentals are often the better way to go. Here’s why:
1. Takes the pressure off. If you paid an initial fee to a boat club and have a monthly fee on top of that, you may start feeling pressure to go use a boat even during months you don’t have the time. Nobody likes to feel their money wasn’t well spent, so you’ll feel stressed when you can’t get out there for one reason or another. With boat rentals, you pay as you go. Can’t get out this month? No problem. No costs involved in staying home.
2. Boat selection may be limited. Boat clubs tend to overstate availability. Not only do they often have fewer types of boats than you might find with boat rentals, but they may also not be there on the days you want them, particularly on holidays and weekends. Booking boat rentals online gives you the chance to see upfront what is available for the time you plan to go out on the water.
3. High costs. Boat clubs are not cheap. You can expect a high buy-in as well as a monthly fee. Unless you will be using boats often and traveling to other parts of the country where a nation-wide boat club would work well for you, going with local boat rentals is going to be your most cost-effective option.
If you are looking to enjoy a day on Falls Lake or lakes in the surrounding area, check out the boat rentals here at Motor-Boatin LLC. We offer quality boats of different types, including pontoon, motorboats, and fishing boats. Our online booking is open 24 hours, so you can plan for your next free day you want to spend on the water. Call us if you have any questions.
Personal watercrafts came on the scene back in the 1970s with Yamaha waverunners, the first sit-down type, open-stern production, personal watercraft, entering the market in 1986. Since then, they have become a popular option on our nation’s beaches, as well as lakes and other waterways. If you are new to waverunners, here are a few basics you should know.
1. Rent before you buy. It is usually better to learn how to operate something new by renting one before investing in one. This gives you the opportunity to see if you like it enough to own one yourself. You can also rent different types so you’ll learn which you prefer.
2. Learn the safety measures. There are two very important safety measures you should know. The first is that you should always wear a life jacket. Even if you are an excellent swimmer, a life jacket could save your life if you were to be rendered unconscious in an accident. The second is to use the engine shut-off clip safety feature. That way, if you fall off, the engine instantly shuts down. This keeps you safe, as well as others in the area.
3. Start slow. You should always start at slow speeds as you learn how waverunners move on the water and how to safely manage turning. Take time to see how the watercraft maneuvers before going full-throttle. It is best to learn while close to shore. Once you feel confident, head out to deeper waters and slowly increase speed. Waverunners hop off waves at higher speeds, so lift your buttocks a couple inches off the seat when you feel it lift for a more comfortable ride.
If you are interested in renting waverunners, sea-doos or jet skis, check out our selection at Motor-Boatin LLC. Our online booking is available 24 hours a day. We also rent pontoon boats, fishing boats, and motorboats. Get out and enjoy all that Falls Lake has to offer and create life-long memories!
It might seem that taking the kids out on the lake on a rental boat is enough entertainment to keep them occupied and happy for several hours. The reality is that although this is one of the best family activities, kids can become bored. Here are a few ways you can avoid them saying “Can we go home yet?”
1. Include a friend or two. Not only will your kids enjoy having their friends along, you’ll beef up their popularity rating when word gets out what a great time they had. If your kids are familiar with the boat safety rules, let them instruct their friends, which makes them feel important.
2. Bring a fishing rod. There are some adorable kids’ fishing rods on the market today that are decent quality. Some kids will love to bait the hook, while others might shy away from it, but they’ll all feel great when they catch their first fish.
3. Put them in charge of music. Putting a kid in charge of choosing songs from a playlist is a great way to involve them in the family activities. They are entertained, and you get to enjoy the music. Sure, you could set it up to play randomly, but they will love being in charge.
4. Take a couple of toys. You might not want to take a chance with expensive electronics on the boat, but that doesn’t mean they can’t take a few cheaper things to entertain them. Consider such options as coloring books, playdough or a remote-control boat.
Family activities on the lake are great fun, and here at Motor-Boatin LLC, we can help make that possible. Our boat rentals are easy to arrange with 24-hour online booking services. We offer different types of boats, including motorboats, bass boats, pontoon boats, and more. Call us if you have any questions.
Many an angler who expected their meal to come from the lake has endured a grumbling stomach when the fish weren’t biting. Add to that the fact that not all motorboats provide a chance to cook up your catch, and your best bet is bringing some food on board with you. Convenience foods are a great way to keep the fun going without having to stop to prepare lunch, but you could do better than a bag of chips and a cooler of drinks. Here are some great lunch ideas while on motorboats that will have you eating well.
1. Seafood salad. A cold seafood salad will not only taste great, but also go with the theme of being out on the water. You can almost envision that you just captured the seafood yourself. Toss your favorites such as cooked shrimp, crab meat, lobster meat or smoked fish together with some veggies and pasta and a light citrus dressing. Serve it up in a plastic disposable cup or take a head of lettuce along to serve as a wrap.
2. Smoked fish dip. A smoked salmon or fish dip goes great with crackers, celery sticks, or bread. It will feel extra special if you had smoked fish you caught on a previous fishing trip.
3. Fruit salad. Fresh fruit serves two purposes: it tastes great and hydrates you due to the natural juices. Cut your favorites into bite-size pieces and toss with a bit of sugar or another sweetener. Another option is to put pieces of fruit on skewers for a fun way to eat that kids love. You can also go elaborate with fruit salad, such as combining honeydew, fennel and basil for a gourmet treat.
4. Sandwiches. You can make up sandwiches ahead of time or take along a sliced loaf of bread or rolls and various sandwich fixings. A great idea is to get those small packets of condiments that do not need refrigeration. Your sandwiches can be as simple or as elaborate as you would like.
Renting motorboats is a great way to get out on the lake with your family and leaves you extra time to put together a great lunch to take with you. Here at Motor-Boatin LLC, we have the motorboats you want, as well as other types of boat rentals, such as pontoon and fishing boats. Our rentals are made through an online portal with 24-hour access. Rental insurance is also available. Call us if you have any questions.
If you have wanted to take advantage of North Carolina’s best lake for largemouth bass, catfish and crappie, you can’t go wrong spending a day fishing on Falls Lake. There are always plenty of fishing tips for landing a great haul for dinner and stocking the freezer. The best tip of all is taking advantage of fishing boat rentals. While you can enjoy bank fishing, getting out on the water has several benefits.
1. Check out multiple spots. If you are bank fishing and aren’t getting any nibbles, it can take you several minutes or longer to pack up and relocate to another spot. Fishing boat rentals give you the flexibility to seek out a new spot whenever you want by just bringing in your line and motoring somewhere else.
2. Chance to explore. Many believe that sitting on a bank in one or two spots can get boring. If you are out on the water thanks to fishing boat rentals, you can take a respite from the fishing and explore the lake to enjoy the scenery and see areas you’d never get to see on foot.
3. Bigger fish. It isn’t uncommon to find bigger game fish in deeper waters, and that takes getting away from the shoreline. You’ll also find more types of fish because many do not hang out on the shore.
4. Other activities. Being out on Falls Lake gives you plenty of other things to do when you want a break from fishing. Some anglers enjoy getting in the water with a snorkel to see what is going on down below before they decide on a spot for fishing.
Here’s one more tip about fishing boat rentals – get yours from Motor-Boatin LLC. We offer a wide variety of boats for all your lake activities with an easy online 24-hour portal for reserving your boat for use on Falls Lake or to be towed to any lake in the surrounding area. Feel free to call us if you have any questions.