Here at Motor Boatin LLC, we deliver our motorboats and Jet Skis to a number of nearby lakes, taking away the stress and hassle of you having to tow your own boat. However, some of our renters choose to tow their motorboats to lakes that are further away or to take a boat on a trip with them. If you are thinking about hitching a boat to the back of your truck or SUV, it is important to know how to do it safely.
Driving with a trailer attached can be tricky. It takes a new set of skills and some practice to do it safely. You also need the right tow vehicle that can safely and effectively haul one of our motorboats. If you aren’t sure if you have the vehicle for the job, we can help you make that determination and recommend the size of boat you should tow.
Before you tow any motorboats on a trailer, here are some things to check:
- Ready your tow vehicle: Fill up your gas tank and check your oil, radiator water level, transmission fluid level and tire inflation. Your vehicle has to work much harder when it is towing, so it is important to give it everything it needs.
- Weight distribution: The boat must be loaded correctly on the trailer for it to be safe to tow. The center of gravity should be low, and the load needs to be balanced side to side.
- Check the trailer lights: Make sure that the turn signal, running and brake lights are all working on the trailer.
- Double-check the connection: There are different sizes of trailer balls, so make sure that the ball on your vehicle matches the coupler on the trailer. Make sure everything is fastened and latched. Make sure the safety chains are connected and that the boat is ratcheted down.
Here at Motor Boatin LLC, we are proud to offer Yamaha Waverunners to our customers for Jet Ski rentals. We have Yamaha Waverunners that are the VX Deluxe model. Each Jet Ski can hold up to 3 people at a time, but there are many other reasons why this has become our Jet Ski model of choice. Yamaha Waverunners were first introduced in 1986 as the world’s first tandem Jet Ski, and Yamaha has worked tirelessly to improve the reliability, fun and function of these superior personal watercraft ever since.
These are some of our favorite things about our Yamaha Waverunners:
- Reliability: The engineering and quality control of Yamaha sets the standard for the whole personal watercraft industry. These Jet Skis require relatively little maintenance due to their years of small engine expertise.
- Fuel efficiency: High fuel efficiency saves you money and means that your day of adventure has a small environmental impact.
- Assembled in the USA: We are proud to use a product that is assembled here in America.
- Easy-to-understand controls: It is easier to go forward and in reverse with Yamaha Waverunners than some other Jet Skis. All the controls are on the handlebars, and there is even an anti-lock braking type feature that will help you stop quickly without getting thrown over the handlebars.
Yamaha Waverunners are used extensively for recreation, but they are also the Jet Ski of choice for many rescue and patrol uses. They are good for people new to Jet Skis, but they are also sure to give Jet Ski veterans a fun ride every time.
Our boat rentals can be fun for the whole family, but it is important to go over the basics of boat safety with your children before setting out on the water. Here at Motor Boatin LLC, we want your whole family to have fun on Falls Lake or one of the other nearby lakes. Safety is key to fun when it comes to boats.
When you complete boat rentals with us, we require the completion of an online boat safety course for the person who will be driving the boat, but it is important for everyone on board the boat to know how to keep safe during your boat rentals.
Here are some things to discuss with your kids before taking off in your rented boat:
- Life jackets are required: Being a good swimmer is not enough. Everyone should have a life jacket approved by the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Life jackets have to fit to work: Have your kids raise their arms above their heads. Their life jacket should not touch their chin or ears if it is tightened properly.
- Keep warm: It may seem too hot for a jacket or blanket on shore, but always take extra layers for keeping warm on the water.
- Open water is not like a pool: Lakes have uneven surfaces and currents. Swimming should occur in designated areas only. Diving can be dangerous because you don’t know what’s under the surface.
Infants should have their own life jackets and should be held in the boat, not left in a car seat. The car seat would sink immediately if it ever went overboard. CPR training (specifically for children and infants) is a very good idea. When it comes to having fun on the water, supervision of children is key.
A trip on one of our fishing boats can be a perfect outing for your family or friends. We can deliver fishing boats to Falls Lake or one of the other nearby lakes. All you have to do is make sure that your NC fishing licenses are current, grab your fishing gear and snacks, and meet us at the lake.
Falls Lake is a 12,400-acre lake that is well-known for being the perfect place to fish for largemouth bass. There are plenty of other types of fish in the lake as well, including the following:
- Catfish: Channel catfish, flathead catfish and blue catfish are waiting to be caught by you.
- Crappie: Both white and black crappie are found in the lake.
- Bass: Largemouth bass and white bass are the species for which Falls Lake is best known. There are also striped bass (also known as stripers) in the area.
- Perch: Whether you are looking for white perch or yellow perch, you can find them here.
- Chain pickerel
Falls Lake is great for fishing boats because it has plenty of sections with trees and stumps in the coves. Most of the time, the water maintains a nice stain, as well, encouraging fish to come closer to the surface than they would if the water was clear. You can sight-fish at times, though. Local fisherman use spinnerbaits, square bill, crankbaits and jigs to fish the shallows here. To complement your fishing boat rental, the area also includes more than 300 campsites, some with RV hookups, along with a marina, nearby lodging, conveniently located stores and even a local bait and tackle shop.
The fall season means the air is growing a bit colder and the leaves are changing to beautiful shades of yellow, orange, and red. With the intense heat of the summer dissipating, the fall weather makes it ideal for a great weekend at the lake.
Our team at Motor Boatin’ off of Falls Lake has noticed that fall is a much better time to go out on the water. It’s not too hot outside but the cold doesn’t stop you. There are many activities to do when taking a weekend trip to the lake.
4 activities to do on a weekend lake trip are:
- Fishing: The fall season is a great time to go fishing with friends and family. It can also be a great time to take the boat out for one last spin before the cold weather sets in. And if you don’t have a boat, don’t worry, there are rentals available at some locations. Whether you’re a seasoned pro at fishing or you just like to fish for fun, it’s a great weekend activity for people of all ages.
- Hiking: With all the leaves changing colors, it’s one of the most beautiful times of the year to take a nature hike. Many parks and recreational areas have scenic trails that wind through the forests. And if you’re an animal lover, you can bring your dog along for the hike and maybe see some other animals along the way.
- Picnic: Picnics are great to have year-round. Friends and family can get together for a picnic at the lake one weekend to enjoy the fall weather. It’s a nice activity that many will enjoy. With the fall season, a Thanksgiving-themed picnic would be a good bet. There are all kinds of foods that can be made for a picnic and potluck style picnics are even better.
- Camping: After a long day of activities, you, your friends, or your family can spend a night under the stars. The weather is perfect for a campfire to keep everyone warm. Gathering around the fire, telling stories, and catching up are all things that can be done while camping at the lake. In addition to roasting marshmallows, you could also roast any fish caught while fishing on the lake that day.
The fall season is a great time to do many different outdoor activities. It’s not too cold and it’s not too hot and there are activities for everyone to do at the lake. If you want to take a trip to the lake before winter sets in, rent a boat from Motor-Boatin’ Recreational Boat Rental!
The holiday season is coming up and that means people are buying all kinds of gifts for their friends and loved ones. There is a good chance that someone in your life loves fishing or being out on the lake.
There are some things that any fishing lover would appreciate. Whether they fish to de-stress or fish as a competitive sport.
4 great gift ideas for the individuals who love fishing in your life are:
- Tackle box: Anyone who fishes needs a tackle box to keep their lures and hooks neat and orderly. The fisher in your life will greatly appreciate one! There are all kinds of tackle boxes, big and small, to fit everyone’s needs.
- Fishing pole: A new fishing pole is exciting for anyone who enjoys fishing. There are many poles on the market to choose from whether they’re a beginner or a pro.
- Fishing line: A fisher is always going to need some fishing line. There are different types of fishing line for the different types of fishing like freshwater or deep-sea fishing.
- Cooler bag: When going out to the lake or out on the boat to go fishing, there will be a need for drinks and snacks. For those who like to stay out fishing all day, a cooler bag is a great choice for a gift. It keeps drinks cool, so they can fish to their heart’s desire.
These are just a few of the gifts that anyone who loves fishing would appreciate this holiday season. If you want to get out on the lake and go fishing, contact Motor-Boatin’ Recreational Boat Rental!
Riding on a Jet Ski can be one of the most exhilarating things to do on the water, but it can be dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing. The good news is that most Jet Ski accidents can be avoided when you follow a few simple safety guidelines.
Here are some things to consider before you head out to the lake with your family to Jet Ski:
- Everyone should have a life jacket: Regardless of age or swimming ability, everyone is safer with a life jacket if it fits properly. Double check the fit of life jackets intended for children.
- Consider wearing a helmet: A helmet specially designed for use on the water provides the best protection if you get ejected from your Jet Ski or if there is flying debris from a boat or some other source while you’re on the water. In some states, children are required to wear helmets.
- Watch your speed: Make sure you keep proper distance between your Jet Ski and other watercraft in the area. Remember that you need room to stop if it becomes necessary. Use common sense and obey any speed guidelines for the area you are in.
- Stay sober: Alcohol reduces your coordination, reaction time and can impair your judgement. Don’t drink if you are going to be on a Jet Ski.
Taking proper care of your Jet Skis is another important component to staying safe on the water, but if you rent your Jet Ski from us here at Motor Boatin LLC, you can rest assured that we have taken care of that for you.
Being an active member of the Falls Lake community, our team gets to see the seasons on Falls Lake. We see, once it starts to warm up in the Spring and Summer, boaters, jet skiers and swimmers out on the lake. But, when it cools in the Fall, it’s quiet on Falls Lake which means, we see our fishermen come out.
As the owner of Motor-Boatin’, a boat rental company on Falls Lake, I enjoy all seasons and I can rent boats for all times of the year. Right now, we are renting fishing boats in Raleigh more than anything else.
3 reasons why Fall is the best time to go fishing at Falls Lake are:
- Water Temperature: Certain types of fish are more active in certain water temperatures. For example, bass are active in 55 to 65-degree waters which are prevalent in the Fall and Spring.
- Less Noise: There are so many individuals out on Falls Lake during the warm, summer months that it can make the water noise louder than normal. Fish cannot sense the people noise above the water, but they can sense the boating noises and other noises that are underwater.
- Less Competition: There are a fewer number of people on Falls Lake in the Fall months. This means there is liking to be less people fishing and less fishermen to compete with.
Just because we have hit the Fall months doesn’t mean it is time to head back inside yet. It is still a great time of year to head out to Falls Lake and rent a fishing boat. If you are interested in fishing on Falls Lake, don’t hesitate! Contact our team at Motor-Boatin’ today and learn more about our fishing boats.
Pontoon boats are a very popular option when it comes to boat rentals or ownership, and there are some good reasons for this popularity. Pontoon boats are extremely versatile. They can be used for watersports, fishing or just lounging around the lake on a hot summer afternoon. They are perfect for families looking to have an adventure on the water together. Pontoon boats come in all sorts of sizes and shapes, so there’s bound to be a pontoon boat perfect for your activity and needs.
Another reason why pontoon boats are popular is because they are relatively easy to drive. They are good boats for beginners to learn how to drive a boat. They handle well at slower speeds and give the driver a good vantage point and view of the water because they sit relatively high off the water for their size.
If you are getting ready to set off on a new adventure involving pontoon boats, here are some tips for driving them:
- Remember that boats don’t have brakes: This is one of the hardest things for people new to driving boats to remember. It is important to reduce your speed prior to turning and in areas with more traffic because boats don’t have brakes like cars.
- Watch the wind: Because pontoon boats sit high off the water, they are susceptible to being pushed around a bit by the wind. It is important to factor in the wind as you decide what speed to drive and while you are turning the boat.
- Turning takes some practice: It is important to speed up smoothly to keep the propeller in the water. If you hear howling sounds, that means the propeller is sucking air. Always look around the boat before beginning a turn and remember that turning will also change the angle of the boat.
Let your inner fisherman out for an afternoon! Even if you don’t have your own boat, you can still go out on the water and try to catch some fish on one of our fishing boats. At Motor-Boatin LLC, we rent out fishing boats for use in Raleigh, North Carolina, and we can provide everything you need to have a great day out on the water, including rods, fresh bait, a packed tackle box, and more.
Not only are our fishing boats perfect for a solo trip, but they’re also great for family entertainment. Bring your kids along with you and show them the value of patience as you wait in excitement for that first bite – they’ll love reeling in the catch and spending the day out on the water under the warm sun.
For your convenience, we deliver our fishing boats to Falls Lake. If you want to have your boat delivered to another lake — Harris Lake, Jordan Lake, Kerr Lake or another local lake — we can do that with an additional fee. Or, if you want to tow your fishing boat to another lake, you’re welcome to do so yourself without the additional fee. You can rent our fishing boats for one day or multiple days, depending on your plans.
To rent one of our fishing boats, you can use our convenient online system or call us directly to make your reservation. Contact us to make your next reservation or if you want more information!