Being an active member of the Falls Lake community, our team gets to see the seasons on Falls Lake. We see, once it starts to warm up in the Spring and Summer, boaters, jet skiers and swimmers out on the lake. But, when it cools in the Fall, it’s quiet on Falls Lake which means, we see our fishermen come out.
As the owner of Motor-Boatin’, a boat rental company on Falls Lake, I enjoy all seasons and I can rent boats for all times of the year. Right now, we are renting fishing boats in Raleigh more than anything else.
3 reasons why Fall is the best time to go fishing at Falls Lake are:
- Water Temperature: Certain types of fish are more active in certain water temperatures. For example, bass are active in 55 to 65-degree waters which are prevalent in the Fall and Spring.
- Less Noise: There are so many individuals out on Falls Lake during the warm, summer months that it can make the water noise louder than normal. Fish cannot sense the people noise above the water, but they can sense the boating noises and other noises that are underwater.
- Less Competition: There are a fewer number of people on Falls Lake in the Fall months. This means there is liking to be less people fishing and less fishermen to compete with.
Just because we have hit the Fall months doesn’t mean it is time to head back inside yet. It is still a great time of year to head out to Falls Lake and rent a fishing boat. If you are interested in fishing on Falls Lake, don’t hesitate! Contact our team at Motor-Boatin’ today and learn more about our fishing boats.
Pontoon boats are a very popular option when it comes to boat rentals or ownership, and there are some good reasons for this popularity. Pontoon boats are extremely versatile. They can be used for watersports, fishing or just lounging around the lake on a hot summer afternoon. They are perfect for families looking to have an adventure on the water together. Pontoon boats come in all sorts of sizes and shapes, so there’s bound to be a pontoon boat perfect for your activity and needs.
Another reason why pontoon boats are popular is because they are relatively easy to drive. They are good boats for beginners to learn how to drive a boat. They handle well at slower speeds and give the driver a good vantage point and view of the water because they sit relatively high off the water for their size.
If you are getting ready to set off on a new adventure involving pontoon boats, here are some tips for driving them:
- Remember that boats don’t have brakes: This is one of the hardest things for people new to driving boats to remember. It is important to reduce your speed prior to turning and in areas with more traffic because boats don’t have brakes like cars.
- Watch the wind: Because pontoon boats sit high off the water, they are susceptible to being pushed around a bit by the wind. It is important to factor in the wind as you decide what speed to drive and while you are turning the boat.
- Turning takes some practice: It is important to speed up smoothly to keep the propeller in the water. If you hear howling sounds, that means the propeller is sucking air. Always look around the boat before beginning a turn and remember that turning will also change the angle of the boat.
Let your inner fisherman out for an afternoon! Even if you don’t have your own boat, you can still go out on the water and try to catch some fish on one of our fishing boats. At Motor-Boatin LLC, we rent out fishing boats for use in Raleigh, North Carolina, and we can provide everything you need to have a great day out on the water, including rods, fresh bait, a packed tackle box, and more.
Not only are our fishing boats perfect for a solo trip, but they’re also great for family entertainment. Bring your kids along with you and show them the value of patience as you wait in excitement for that first bite – they’ll love reeling in the catch and spending the day out on the water under the warm sun.
For your convenience, we deliver our fishing boats to Falls Lake. If you want to have your boat delivered to another lake — Harris Lake, Jordan Lake, Kerr Lake or another local lake — we can do that with an additional fee. Or, if you want to tow your fishing boat to another lake, you’re welcome to do so yourself without the additional fee. You can rent our fishing boats for one day or multiple days, depending on your plans.
To rent one of our fishing boats, you can use our convenient online system or call us directly to make your reservation. Contact us to make your next reservation or if you want more information!
When it comes to boats, most people come up with two options in their minds: a boat that is made for fishing and the other boats that are made for everything else. Fishing boats are generally smaller, can have outboard motors, and you most likely won’t see them dragging a skier anytime soon!
Motorboats, on the other hand, can accommodate fishing and all kinds of other activities for larger groups. You can take out skiers, go tubing with the family, or just take adventure around on the water. If you ask your average Joe what a Pontoon Boat is or what it’s used for, you might get a few blank stares. We have come up with a few different common questions that you might get asked when you tell people about this cool option.
- What is a pontoon boat? A pontoon boat is boat that uses pontoons for floating rather than the typical boat design. This gives the boat a raft-like appearance that many people enjoy, since the risk of running over rocks is minimalized.
- What do you do on a pontoon boat? Anything you want! Pontoon boats are large and powerful enough to tow your water toys and quiet enough for fishing or a picnic on the lake.
- Is it any fun? Only if you enjoy spending time on the water!
If you’re curious to see if your family would enjoy spending time on a pontoon boat, at Motor-Boatin LLC, we want to hear from you. Contact us today for all our boat options, including pontoon boats that are available to you.
Some people will tell you that pontoon boats aren’t a great option for anglers. However, many of the things that make pontoons such a great option for partying and family activities on the water also make them advantageous for fishing. Here are a few reasons why you might want to think about renting pontoon boats for your next day of fishing.
1. Plenty of space. If you like to fish with several fishing rods, a couple of coolers of drinks and snacks, a cooler for the fish you catch, and plenty of lures and other fishing paraphernalia, you’ll appreciate the extra space that pontoon boats offer.
2. More than one size. You don’t have to get a mammoth pontoon if it is just going to be one or two of you going out fishing. There are also smaller ones built for just a couple of people that will still give you elbow room but not have more space than you need.
3. Stability. Struggling with a fish that is determined not to be caught can send a small boat rocking dangerously. Pontoon boats are more stable, so you can keep your balance more easily.
4. Comfort. Larger pontoon boats usually have very comfortable seating, comparable to your sofa cushions at home. Why not have a bit of comfort as you coax the next largemouth bass to its demise?
If you want to give pontoon boats a try for fishing before you commit to purchasing one, check out our options here at Motor-Boatin LLC. While there are a few downsides, such as being more challenging to steer and maneuver, we think you might be surprised at how nice it can be to enjoy Falls Lake with one of our pontoon boats. Our online booking makes it easy, and you can call us with any questions you may have.
When owning your own boat isn’t feasible because of the investment or ongoing costs of storage and upkeep, you might be wondering if joining a boat club is the best option. On the surface, they often look like a great idea. However, when you look a bit deeper, you’ll recognize that boat rentals are often the better way to go. Here’s why:
1. Takes the pressure off. If you paid an initial fee to a boat club and have a monthly fee on top of that, you may start feeling pressure to go use a boat even during months you don’t have the time. Nobody likes to feel their money wasn’t well spent, so you’ll feel stressed when you can’t get out there for one reason or another. With boat rentals, you pay as you go. Can’t get out this month? No problem. No costs involved in staying home.
2. Boat selection may be limited. Boat clubs tend to overstate availability. Not only do they often have fewer types of boats than you might find with boat rentals, but they may also not be there on the days you want them, particularly on holidays and weekends. Booking boat rentals online gives you the chance to see upfront what is available for the time you plan to go out on the water.
3. High costs. Boat clubs are not cheap. You can expect a high buy-in as well as a monthly fee. Unless you will be using boats often and traveling to other parts of the country where a nation-wide boat club would work well for you, going with local boat rentals is going to be your most cost-effective option.
If you are looking to enjoy a day on Falls Lake or lakes in the surrounding area, check out the boat rentals here at Motor-Boatin LLC. We offer quality boats of different types, including pontoon, motorboats, and fishing boats. Our online booking is open 24 hours, so you can plan for your next free day you want to spend on the water. Call us if you have any questions.
Personal watercrafts came on the scene back in the 1970s with Yamaha waverunners, the first sit-down type, open-stern production, personal watercraft, entering the market in 1986. Since then, they have become a popular option on our nation’s beaches, as well as lakes and other waterways. If you are new to waverunners, here are a few basics you should know.
1. Rent before you buy. It is usually better to learn how to operate something new by renting one before investing in one. This gives you the opportunity to see if you like it enough to own one yourself. You can also rent different types so you’ll learn which you prefer.
2. Learn the safety measures. There are two very important safety measures you should know. The first is that you should always wear a life jacket. Even if you are an excellent swimmer, a life jacket could save your life if you were to be rendered unconscious in an accident. The second is to use the engine shut-off clip safety feature. That way, if you fall off, the engine instantly shuts down. This keeps you safe, as well as others in the area.
3. Start slow. You should always start at slow speeds as you learn how waverunners move on the water and how to safely manage turning. Take time to see how the watercraft maneuvers before going full-throttle. It is best to learn while close to shore. Once you feel confident, head out to deeper waters and slowly increase speed. Waverunners hop off waves at higher speeds, so lift your buttocks a couple inches off the seat when you feel it lift for a more comfortable ride.
If you are interested in renting waverunners, sea-doos or jet skis, check out our selection at Motor-Boatin LLC. Our online booking is available 24 hours a day. We also rent pontoon boats, fishing boats, and motorboats. Get out and enjoy all that Falls Lake has to offer and create life-long memories!
When you’re visiting a new area, it can be helpful to plan ahead of time a few activities that you can enjoy, especially when travelling with your family. You might be thinking, “It’s a vacation! I don’t want to have my free time dictated by a schedule!” Well, you don’t have to be a Type-A, hyper-organized person to enjoy some of the benefits of a few pre-planned outings, especially if you have young children traveling with you. In order to help you with a vacation to Raleigh, North Carolina, we here at Motor-Boatin LL have come up with a few family activities in the area that we feel are family friendly for all types and ages!
Raleigh is host to some great museums that are wonderful for active and noisy children. The Marbles Kids Museum is built to entertain, encourage, and educate your children while the adults in the family can access their inner child for a few hours! With lots of space and plenty of exhibits at this museum, your kids will enjoy the ability to learn about the world around them in a kid-friendly way. There are also loads of kid-friendly restaurants and other exhibits that are catered to families of all ages.
If you want to spend some time outdoors, there are tons of fun parks, hiking trails, and water activities that you can take part in. In Raleigh, there are over 5,500 acres of trails, which are accessible to not just hikers, but bikers and horseback riders, as well. Once you decide it’s time to cool off, you’ll have several options of lakes where you can take a swim and enjoy some bass fishing! At Motor-Boatin LLC, we have jet skis, boats, bass boats, pontoons, and many other watercraft that are available to rent for one day or several.
With all the family activities available near Raleigh, North Carolina, you won’t want to go home!
We’re in the swing of summertime and as the weather is getting hotter, people are looking for quick and easy ways to cool off. Whether you are going to Falls Lake, Kerr Lake, Jordan Lake, or Harris Lakes renting a jet ski could be just the right way to go in an attempt to beat the heat! We have some suggestions for you on when the best time to rent a Jet Ski to take out onto the water is.
3 of the best occasions to rent a jet ski in Raleigh are:
- Your family summer camping trip. We all love our families but sometimes after staying in a tight, confined space for a few days like you need to with camping, tempers can flare a little bit. If your mother-in-law keeps yelling at you, you can send her for a nice cool down by putting her on the Jet Ski and letting her go. It’s hard to nag someone from the open waters.
- Before school starts up again. Give summer the one last big hoorah it deserves and send it out with a bang by hitting the lake on the weekend before school starts. Kids and their parents can go out on the lake to make memories and have fun all while getting a tan. This is a great way to have fun with your kids before the drag of school starts and steals all of their time away.
- The week of Spring Break. The weather is starting to get warmer and people are looking to have some fun after being stuck inside due to the cold weather for months. The perfect way to break your case of the winter blues is by grabbing a few of your friends and hitting the lakes with a Jet Ski!
Jets Skis are a fun and easy way to make the most out of your time on the water. If you want to rent a Jet Ski in the Raleigh Durham area our team at Motor Boatin’ can help you out and make sure you enjoy your time on the water.
It might seem that taking the kids out on the lake on a rental boat is enough entertainment to keep them occupied and happy for several hours. The reality is that although this is one of the best family activities, kids can become bored. Here are a few ways you can avoid them saying “Can we go home yet?”
1. Include a friend or two. Not only will your kids enjoy having their friends along, you’ll beef up their popularity rating when word gets out what a great time they had. If your kids are familiar with the boat safety rules, let them instruct their friends, which makes them feel important.
2. Bring a fishing rod. There are some adorable kids’ fishing rods on the market today that are decent quality. Some kids will love to bait the hook, while others might shy away from it, but they’ll all feel great when they catch their first fish.
3. Put them in charge of music. Putting a kid in charge of choosing songs from a playlist is a great way to involve them in the family activities. They are entertained, and you get to enjoy the music. Sure, you could set it up to play randomly, but they will love being in charge.
4. Take a couple of toys. You might not want to take a chance with expensive electronics on the boat, but that doesn’t mean they can’t take a few cheaper things to entertain them. Consider such options as coloring books, playdough or a remote-control boat.
Family activities on the lake are great fun, and here at Motor-Boatin LLC, we can help make that possible. Our boat rentals are easy to arrange with 24-hour online booking services. We offer different types of boats, including motorboats, bass boats, pontoon boats, and more. Call us if you have any questions.