Something that attracts so many people to move to North Carolina is our beautiful landscapes – from the mountains to the beaches and everything in between – including the lakes!
As the boat rental company at Falls Lake in Raleigh, Motor Boatin loves Falls Lakes. But, that doesn’t mean that we only rent our fishing boats at Falls Lake. We offer rental services at a variety of lakes in North Carolina.
5 great spots to go fishing in the Raleigh area, that is not Falls Lake, are:
- Shelley Lake: This body of water spans for 53 acres. Although smaller compared to neighboring lakes, it still makes for some awesome fishing.
- Jordan Lake: Jordan Lake sits on thousands upon thousands of beautiful acres and offers some of the best fishing in Wake County!
- William B. Umstead State Park: This state park has three different lakes to choose from. Spend the entire day here and bounce from lake to lake to lake. Popular catches include bass, bluegill, and crappie.
- Lake Crabtree County Park: At this 520-acre lake, catch-and-release fishing is what takes place on the water. It makes for a serene day, and who knows – maybe you’ll catch the same fish twice!
- Bass Lake Park and Retreat Center: Bank fishing is free at this Holly Springs location. Guided bass fishing tours are an option as well, as this lake offers some of the best bass fishing there is!
Luckily, fishing is an activity that doesn’t require much – a fishing pole, some bait, and a boat. Once you have these three things, you’re good to go! Check out the fishing on Falls Lake and rent a fishing boat from Motor-Boatin’. Then, spend an unforgettable day out on the water and among the fish.
Let’s face it – life can get busy. When this happens, it is important to designate some time to recoup and relax. So many Raleigh families relax by spending time on or around the water.
If life has been a little stressful, our team at Motor Boatin’ would love to help plan a stress-free weekend at Falls Lake. We can set up a Raleigh family with a day on the water in a rented boat then rent jet skis in the afternoon, and camp in the evening!
5 reasons why Raleigh families need to spend more time relaxing near the water are:
- Sunshine! Spending some time in the sun allows the body to produce Vitamin D, which is necessary for calcium absorption. This is important for every age! Just make sure to always wear sunscreen.
- Soothing sounds. The sound of water is often relaxing for most people. Nature sounds, in general, can be extremely calming. Spending time around the water may compare to spending time at a spa.
- Fresh air. Breathing in fresh air is refreshing! Negative ions in the fresh air balance serotonin levels, which is directly correlated with stress and mood.
- Increased immune function. Water can relieve stress. When stress is reduced in the body, the immune function of the body will benefit and work more efficiently.
- Water and the “blue mind effect.” Believe it or not, human’s personal and emotional relationships are affected by water. As stated before, it is one of the best forms of stress relief that you can get!
There are many different activities to do near the water. One of the best activities is spending the day on a boat in one of your favorite lakes. Motor Boatin’ will supply the boat, you supply the good times! Start relaxing near the water today.
There’s nothing better than spending a sunny day boating on the open waters of Falls Lake in the Triangle area. Here at Motor Boatin’, we supply jet skis, fishing boats, and pontoon boats to the local water lovers at affordable prices and with flexible rental options.
Some may think renting a boat for a few hours or days at a time is inefficient. Why not just purchase a boat outright and keep it docked and ready for use at any time? Well, owning a boat requires more than a one-time payment. There’s a lot of upkeep and maintenance that people may not consider right away.
Owning a boat is tough work, and the following examples will help emphasize that renting a boat is the better option overall:
- Total Financial Expenses. To begin with, boats are already expensive, especially if they’re new. In addition, there are many other expenses that come along with the purchase, including insurance, taxes, and docking fees. For used boats, it’s also advised to have a comprehensive survey conducted to ensure the boat is in good condition. The prices for surveying vary, usually priced per-foot of the boat’s length. These may seem like basic expenses for boat ownership, but they do add up and it can take a toll if buyers aren’t prepared.
- Constant Upkeep. Unless buyers have the space to store the boat on land in a garage or storage unit, they’ll likely be kept at a marina. If so, there’s a lot to consider including which type of water the boat will rest in, fresh or salt, as each type has its own guidelines for proper maintenance. Much like cars, boats need routine maintenance conducted to ensure they’re good for sailing, so factor in regular engine tune-ups, oil changes, flushing the motor, etc. For busy individuals and families, the general upkeep of the boat may not be worth the time and money it will require.
Our Triangle residents can enjoy all the benefits of boating without the hassle and demands of ownership by renting from us at Motor Boatin’! We service the Falls Lake and surrounding areas and have plenty of options to choose from. Contact us today to learn more about our jet ski, fishing and pontoon boat rentals!
Sometimes people desperately need a break, but maybe they don’t have the funds available for an expensive vacation to a far-off destination. No need to forfeit well-deserved time off! Consider choosing to remain local and having a cozy staycation.
There are plenty of things to do in our own communities that we tend to take for granted. So, instead of paying for expensive vacations that may result in more exhaustion by the end, look around for things to do close to home.
Our staff at Motor Boatin’ recommend following these tips to plan a budget-friendly staycation this summer in the Triangle.
- Draft a Budget. Before making plans, establish a comfortable budget to work activities into. Staying home doesn’t necessarily mean not spending money, so it’s better to have a budget outlined to make sure the necessities are taken care of. Setting a daily limit of cash spending will help to stay within the budget overall.
- Make Plans. It’s easy to let a staycation turn into binge-watching TV shows or lounging around the house the entire time. Make the effort to plan activities around town to stay engaged while in break mode. Consider renting a boat to explore Falls Lake for a day out on the water. Plan time to rest as well, take a nap in the middle of the day before heading out to a low-key dinner out.
- Get Creative. There’s so much to do in the Triangle area. Hiking, camping, or fishing at one of our lakes, visiting the free museums, or walking around downtown Raleigh are options. There are plenty of performances, indoors and outdoors, to take advantage of this year too! Visit the community pool for a themed party or just a day to relax.
2017 is the year to maximize the staycation enjoyment! Hit the local hot spots, take a dip in the lake, and have a get-together with some friends. If you’re interested in renting a boat for a day out, contact us at Motor Boatin’ to hear your options!
Falls Lake is well-known for its large-mouth bass during fishing seasons, and the Raleigh anglers are always eager to get out and cast their lines. At Motor Boatin’ we commonly see individuals renting a fishing boat to go out and enjoy the waters and the fish.
Since they spend so much time on the lake, they know a few tips and tricks to navigate the waters and catch the best bass. So, we thought it would be great to let them share what they know!
5 tips to catch the best large-mouth bass this summer at Falls Lake are:
- Use Old Worms. Bass are the type to go for wounded prey, so a plastic worm that’s a bit worn and shredded is perfect for luring them in. No old lures? Simply take a new one and shred it to make it more appealing.
- Use Sharp Hooks. Some anglers like to keep their hooks super sharp when bass fishing since they tend to have stronger jaws than other smaller fish. It is easy for them to thrash around and remove a dull hook that’s loosely attached.
- Face the Wind. Bass swim with the current, so take note of which direction the wind is blowing from and cast into it. While the bass swim with the wind, they’ll be less spooked by the boat since they’ll come across the bait first.
- Check the Falls Lake Fishing Report. There are many websites that provide detailed fishing reports including comments from recent visitors. Browse for reports of Falls Lake before heading out to be sure of prime feeding times and other important details noted by residents.
- Keep Trying. When all else fails and the lines aren’t pulling, just keep trying. Bass can be hard to lure, but they aren’t impossible to catch. There’s plenty of space at Falls Lake to roam around and there’s sure to be a sweet spot!
Fishing is a favored pastime among our Triangle water enthusiasts and we can’t blame them! Feel free to contact us today at Motor Boatin’ to see about renting a fishing boat and get more inside tips for the best fishing spots near Raleigh.
Our local Falls Lake community is actively enjoying the sweltering summer months in the Triangle by spending time on the water! There are plenty of things to do, such as fishing, swimming, or relaxing on a nice pontoon boat. Our resident thrill-seekers are also zooming around on the awesome jet skis we have available for rent at Motor Boatin’!
So many of our Raleigh customers choose to rent from us instead of buying a jet ski. There are several advantages to renting a jet ski, whether for a couple of hours or a whole weekend, and many Triangle residents prefer to rent them as needed.
3 reasons our customers choose to rent a jet ski instead of buying one are:
- Buying a jet ski may seem like a cost-efficient decision, but considering they can range from $5,000-$18,000 they’re a rather expensive purchase. Not necessarily the best investment especially if the jet ski is only used sparingly. Renting a jet ski comes with the benefit of affordable prices based on the duration of the rental period. Whether it’s for a few hours or an entire weekend, renting is an affordable option for those who are unable to purchase a new or used one.
- No Upkeep. Renting a jet ski is a great option for people who don’t have the space to store the watercraft during off-seasons. It’s also beneficial for those who don’t have the desire to maintain the general upkeep of the watercraft, including cleaning, gassing, ensuring safety protocols, etc. Simply rent the jet ski and return it when done with no headaches!
- Time to Practice. Buying a jet ski is a big investment for people who may not be experienced with the activity. Luckily, when renting a jet ski users can get quick guides and tutorials, play around and get comfortable, and if it’s not a great fit there’s no financial commitment to a jet ski that will ultimately go unused.
Whether you’re a watercraft expert or a complete beginner, the best way to get out on the water is by renting a jet ski from Motor Boatin’! Contact us today and let us equip you to enjoy all that Falls Lake has to offer this summer!