Here in Raleigh, North Carolina, we have some serious advantages over the rest of the country when it comes to the great outdoors! Not only are we able to spend a lot of our time outdoors thanks to the warmer weather we experience, but we also have easy access to not just one, but several different lakes and other bodies of water that we can enjoy. With so much time and cooperating weather, it makes sense that you want to purchase your own watercraft to enjoy as well. However, there are several benefits to boat rentals, as well. Many people don’t realize that renting is a better option for them than buying. Are you one of them? Here are a few ways to determine if you’re better off renting:
- Save money. It might seem counterintuitive that renting can save you money, but it’s true in many cases. When you choose boat rentals rather than purchasing a boat, you avoid licensing fees, registration fees, the original large purchase cost, and maintenance and repair costs.
- Save time. When you buy a boat, you not only take the time to use your boat, but also the time required for repairs, maintenance, getting gas, and cleaning your boat up afterwards. Boat rentals enable you to boat when you want without the hassle of other maintenance.
- Save space. Boats take up a lot of space! Whether it’s in your garage, your yard, or in a place you’ve rented down by the water, finding a place to keep your boat when you’re not using it can be a hassle. Renting a boat enables you to keep your cars in the garage where they belong instead of being booted to the street!
If you want to spend more time on the lake in Raleigh, North Carolina without the hassle of owning your own boat, check out Motor-Boatin LLC today!
As the weather is getting warmer, more couples in Raleigh are heading out on the Raleigh lakes. But, before heading out on the lake, it is important to be prepared and safe.
No matter how much experience one has, it’s always a good idea for everyone to review boating safety rules before departures. At Motor Boatin’ we encourage everyone to review safety tips before renting a boat in Raleigh.
7 tips to consider before renting a boat in Raleigh are:
- Check Weather and Water Conditions: Before leaving the dock, check the weather and the water conditions. Unexpected weather like thunderstorms and lightning can roll in quickly, so the best practice is to be prepared.
- Follow the Checklist: Proper boating safety includes being prepared for any possibility on the water. Having a pre-departure checklist is the best way to make sure no boating safety rules or precautions have been overlooked or forgotten.
- Use Common Sense: One of the most important parts of boating safety is to use your common sense. This means operating at a safe speed, staying alert and steering clear of large vessels and watercraft. Also, be respectful of buoys and other navigational aids.
- Designate an Assistant: Make sure more than one person on board is familiar with all aspects of the boat’s handling, operations, and general boating safety.
- Develop a Float Plan: Choose to inform a family member or staff at the local marina and let them know your float plan. This should include information about destination and length of the trip.
- Make Proper Use of Lifejackets: Assign and fit everyone onboard with a life jacket prior to departure.
- Use Active Supervision: Assign an adult to supervise the kids and the weak swimmers in or around the water at all times.
Boating can be a very fun experience, practice safety and make memories with your family and friends. Motor Boatin’ can provide you the necessary tools to maximize the fun when renting a boat on Falls Lake in Raleigh. Contact our team to set up your boat rental today.
Lakes are of the places whose natural beauty is not overly dependent on decent weather. It is often said, that the best time to visit a lake is in spring or summer.
With warmer weather and summertime on the way, many families will head to the lake to beat the heat and cool off. But even if it is a nice 65 degrees out, the water in the lake may still be too cool to swim in.
At Motor Boatin’ we recommend these guidelines to make sure there is plenty of fun to be had while out on the lake:
- Weather forecast: Check the local weather and the forecast, most sites forecast weather conditions as much as 14 days prior.
- Water conditions: The temperature and wind can affect the water drastically. Make sure to check these condition to ensure safety on the lake.
Weather and water conditions also play a big part in activities at the lake as well. For instance, swimming can be limited, but hiking can be done at any time. Decide what activity piqued your interest and then plan your trip. Contact Motor Boatin’ to take care of other little details.
The winter blues are finally abating. It is time to get one with nature again. Spring seasons in NC are just breathtaking. The rebirth of all the dried greenery can be quite a sight. Boating through Falls Lake is just the right way to experience the rebirth of nature.
As the flowers bloom and trees start to provide the shade, area residents use this opportunity to recharge. Renting a spacious campsite along the lake is just what we need to take a break from the increasingly busy life. There are plenty of activities to enjoy, even if the water is still a bit cool.
4 fun activities that prove Falls Lake is a great place to be are:
- Go Camping: First and foremost, pack a bags, grab some food and camp out right next to the water. Enjoy the weather and plan hikes! There are more than 300 campsites along the access areas of the Falls Lake recreational areas.
- Go Fishing: Call Motor Boatin’ to reserve a spacious yet sleek fishing boat to enjoy a peaceful afternoon on the water. The fish are always biting and the fishing veterans are ready to share their stories.
- Grill a Nice Meal: It’s never too early to bring the hot dogs and burgers to enjoy a filling and delicious meal while surrounded by nature. Grills and pits are available at Falls Lake, so don’t bother to bring your own.
- Boating on the Water: You can also rent a pontoon boat or a jet ski. We have plenty of styles and sizes to suit each individual or group need, so feel free to inquire about what’s available.
North Carolina enjoys all four seasons, and it is especially lovely at springtime. Our lakes have the perfect weather for outdoor fun. Contact us at Motor Boatin’ to get more ideas to plan your weekend at Falls Lake!
Our boating enthusiasts in the Triangle haven’t stopped sailing simply because Winter is here. Our team at Motor Boatin’ knows that our local boaters utilize their vessels for transportation, fishing, or even leisure during the cold months.
Because of this, we thought it would be good to talk about Winter boating tips so that time on Falls Lake and surrounding areas is safe and enjoyable!
4 cold weather boating safety tips for our Triangle residents are:
- Wear the proper clothing. It’s going to be chilly out there and boaters should be prepared to get wet even if they don’t plan on going in the water. Layer up with clothes made of synthetic materials so that way any moisture won’t linger. Be sure to keep extra clothes stored in a waterproof container in case anyone onboard needs to change.
- Don’t forget a life jacket. Wearing a life jacket at all times is very important for boating safety in general, but especially in cold weather. The human body loses heat 25 times faster in cold water than in cold air, and losing body heat can lead to hypothermia and loss of muscle function. Be sure to wear a life jacket in case of falling overboard, it will help to keep you afloat so you don’t use energy trying to swim.
- Bring food and leave the alcohol at home. Everyone needs food to fuel the body and to help generate more internal heat! Refrain from bringing alcohol onboard and save that for when you’ve safely returned. Boating safely means boating sober.
- Ensure safety equipment is onboard. The vessel should be in good operating condition before setting sail, so be sure to double-check that all safety equipment is stocked and ready to go in case of emergency. Carry signal flares, radios, and an Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB) so you can alert others of your location if necessary.
Don’t let the cold weather keep you indoors! There’s still plenty of open water to enjoy before the warmer months settle in. For more boating safety tips or to reserve a fishing boat, jet ski, or pontoon boat, contact us at Motor Boatin’ today!
Anglers of the Triangle love to cast their reels during the Winter months for a few reasons. Since the weather is colder, the lakes and fishing spots are not as crowded with boaters and others enjoying water activities. Cold weather also is primetime for freshwater species to group up together, meaning there are more fish to catch!
However, our local anglers will need to do some research and preparation to catch a largemouth bass in Falls Lake this Winter.
3 of the best tips for catching fish in the Triangle during colder weather are:
- Pick the right time. The fish will be most active in the time leading up to a cold front and less active after one. This has to do with the barometric pressure, it’s low before a front and high after one, which will create higher winds and make fishing a bit difficult. Plan the fishing trip around the weather to best optimize your chances of a catch. It’s also good to go between 10 am and 4 pm, so there’s plenty of daylight to see.
- Find a good spot. Those who are daring enough to go fishing in the Winter likely already have their favorite spots in mind and know where to go. Those who haven’t ventured out in the cold yet will need some help on finding the right spots. We recommend Falls Lake for excellent fishing, and can check their fishing forecast on their website to see feeding times and check-ins from other locals and their experience!
- Bring the right equipment and bait. Fishing in the cold is a lot different than fishing in the heat. Make sure the equipment will be able to handle the extra strain due to weather. Consider cleaning and lubricating reels so they work properly, and use line conditioner to help prevent twists, backlashes, and tangles. Try to use live bait since it will naturally react to the cold water and interest the surrounding fish. Flashy lures that move too quickly will turn fish away since they aren’t behaving naturally.
The fish are still biting even when it’s cold! If you’re interested in renting a fishing boat and learning more about the hot spots in the area, contact us at Motor Boatin’ today!
Spring and Summer are the most popular seasons to come out to Falls Lake. But, the Motor Boatin’ team loves December, January, and February around Falls Lake. It is a very different time of year. There are fewer crowds, but that doesn’t mean less fun or less memorable moments.
4 great activities for wintertime at Falls Lake are:
- Romantic Evening: We have been so blessed to see a handful of engagements and anniversaries that are celebrated at Falls Lake. While it can be a little chilly, it is always a great night for a romantic night on Falls Lake.
- Celebrate the Season: There are so many holidays in the winter. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day and more. It can be great to spend the day with family and friends on the lake while they are visiting for the holiday season.
- Sightsee: There is so much to see at Falls Lake. It can be great to go out hiking to see all of the sights. Or rent a boat at Falls Lake and see all the sights a little quicker.
- Fishing: It seems like it might not be a great time of the year to be out on the water, but Falls Lake is regularly stocked with fish. Many of our fish are more active in the winter which can make it a great time for fishing.
Does this all sound great to you? Does it sound like the weekend away that you need? Our team at Motor Boatin’ would love to help plan a day at Falls Lake based on your likes and interests. Contact us today and let’s get started!
Christmas shopping can be such a difficult task. There are women and women on the list – adults, and children too. How can anyone pick the right gift for everyone?
One of the best suggestions that the Motor Boatin’ team shares is to chose a gift based on individuals likes and interests. For example, there are great gifts specifically for lake lovers. And great gifts for individuals who like hiking or camping.
5 great gifts for the outdoorsy individuals and lake lovers on a Christmas list are:
- A Weekend Getaway: Book a weekend at Falls Lake with all the best activities planned. Have a day exclusively to enjoy a boat rental and a day to rent a jet ski. Spend an afternoon hiking and the evenings on the campground. This is a great gift for families or couples who like to enjoy the outdoors.
- Go Pro Camera: For the individuals who love lake life, but want to capture every moment of their experience, grab a Go Pro camera. It’s a great way to record a day on the jet skis or a memorable hike.
- Jet Ski Rental: For individuals on the Christmas list that are new to lake life, get a gift certificate to rent a boat in the Spring and Summer. Contact the Motor Boatin’ team and purchase a gift card today.
- Waterproof Phone Case: There are great accessories such as waterproof bags and waterproof cases to keep all electronic devices safe on a boat. This is a great gift for individuals who love spending their Summer days on the lake.
- Plan a Fishing Day: There are so many types of lake lovers. Many individuals love being on the lake, so they can enjoy fishing. The Falls Lake boat rental team at Motor Boatin’ would love to help arrange a great day fishing on Falls Lake.
Did this help clear up a few individuals on your Christmas shopping list? Or is there still someone who loves the lake life, but needs something more specific? Contact the Motor Boatin’ team and we will help create the perfect gift for everyone on your Christmas list.
When renting a boat in Raleigh, many Raleigh families are nervous about what has happened to the boat before they rented it. Because of this concern, many families ask how we maintain our boats before they determine if they will rent a boat on Falls Lake.
At Motor Boatin’ we offer a variety of rental boats for our customers and we make sure that our rentals are maintained and cared for. Take a moment and learn just a few of the high level ways that we are maintaining our boats.
3 crucial aspects of boat maintenance that we handle regularly on the Motor Boatin’ boats for rent are:
- Cleaning the Exterior: Cleaning the boat’s exterior regularly keeps the boat shiny and good as new. We use long-handled, soft-bristled boat brushes and high-quality wash to keep the boats clean and pristine.
- Oil Changing: Just like an automobile, boats need to have an oil change. An oil change can vary by model but the Motor Boatin’ staff believes that a boat should have an oil checkup every 100 hour of operation to keep boat rentals running smooth.
- Cleaning the Propeller: The propeller works like a fan, the tool transfers power by converting rotational motion into momentum. Just like a regular fan, the propeller needs to be cleaned for the boat to work properly. If customers are renting an outboard or stern drive boat, our staff checks the propeller before take-off. Deep well sockets are used to remove the propeller several times to make sure no debris has been trapped in the propeller shaft.
Did this information bring up more specific questions? Our team at Motor Boatin’ loves to answer questions and concerns! We are proud to remove the hassle of boat maintenance for our customers with our high-quality, fully inspected boats for rent. Contact us and rent a boat with us today!
Fishing is a common hobby for Raleigh families especially with so many great lakes in Raleigh. Fishing can be a fun activity or a great way to improve mental and physical well-being.
At Motor Boatin’, we believe that fishing is a great opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors and the sights of Falls Lake. We have so many business professionals and busy parents that enjoy a stay-cation and come down to Falls Lake to go fishing. And, Motor Boatin’ provides variety fishing boat rentals for locals in Raleigh.
4 key benefits of taking the weekend to come down to Falls Lake and enjoy a weekend of fishing are:
- Stress Relief: Fishing is the perfect way to unwind and relax. The calmness of the waters and the beautiful scenery will put anyone in a meditative state.
- Exercise: Fishing is not rigorous exercise, but it can be a moderate and easy workout. Fishing can improve upper body strength and flexibility.
- Fun: Fishing is an enjoyable activity. Nothing is more thrilling and exciting than catching a fish. Fishing can also be a fun way to engage with family and friends.
- Scenery: Fishing offers a change of scenery from the interior landscape. Getting outside to enjoy the beautiful views of the waters is a wonderful and exhilarating experience.
Does this sound like just what you need this weekend? Our team at Motor Boatin’ would love to help you do just that and accomplish all of the benefits of a weekend fishing on Falls Lake.
One of the best activities to do in Falls Lake is fishing. Motor Boatin’ will supply the fishing boat, and you will supply the good times! Contact us and start relaxing near the water today.